Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car in for the clutch judder. It did it once in awhile, but it was starting to bother me. I have a cold air intake and 3'' catback exhaust. They replaced the clutch no problem. I picked it up the next day noticed by the time I got home the car would have to go back. The judder is now worse, it does it everytime I leave out of first, and when I back up now. Long story short. The DSM for Subaru drove it and told the dealer that it has too much hp now. He says the reason it has judder now it cause the clutch cant hold the hp. Excuse me but at 800rpm (thats where I feel it) how much [email protected] [email protected] horepower or torque can these cars be making!?! This is total bull. They do not want to work on it for free so they are making excuses. I am so sick of their sh!t already I dont know how much longer I can keep calm talking to them. I told the service manager that the DSM is blowing smoke up his a$$. The Tech is an idiot, I think he believes the DSM. Can anyone help me? This is so stupid I can't believe they said that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
All you have is a catback and intake...do they not realize that its probably only making 12 more horsepower to the wheels? Wait for some other responses, others may know a good solution, but I would show them evidence that a catback and intake does not create that large of a power gain. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It blew me away when I head that. I told em about maybe making 12hp. I mean I could take out the rear seats and have the same performance gains. This guy is a total moron if he actually thinks that. He is an dumba$$ regardless.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your lucky they did not void your warranty at all. I had mine voided because of a bov. SOA voids warrantys at any chance they can get. ..

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
did you have some problem that you took your car in for, and they just saw the bov? they cannot just void your warranty. soa must prove the mods you've done are in direct relation to the problem.

if you took it in for an oil change or something, and they said bam you're warranty is gone. i'd start talking lawyer, but that's me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If someone denies or voids your warranty you need to get it in writing. Just saying, "nah, we 'aint gonna do that" does not void your warranty.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
fenders313 said:
All you have is a catback and intake...do they not realize that its probably only making 12 more horsepower to the wheels?
:rotfl:

But seriously, you should just take that stuff off and go back to stock before you take it in. It would take you about an hour tops to remove it all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is against the law for Subaru or any other dealer to void your warranty simply because you have aftermarket parts on your car. The only way they can deny warranty work on your car is if the aftermarket part caused the problem. But if you take your car in because your AC went out, and they won't fix it because they say your catback exhaust caused it, you can take legal action.

"The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty."

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=7253

If you ever have problems, contact SEMA (www.sema.org) - they are here to protect us and the aftermarket parts industry.

·
Registered
483 Posts
When I had the engine problem. I went in and they red flagged my car. This was when the wrx first came out almost 3 yrs ago. They then gave me the run around and soa came down to look at my car. They claimed the bov made my car run lean and thus blew my stock motor. Then after my car was ripped into pieces they said I had to pay for a new motor and If not I still had to pay for them to put back the motor they ripped apart....SOA sucks major.....This is the reason I will not upgrade and get an STI or any other subaru for my entire life....I got my lawyer involved and he told me it wasnt worth fighting over for the costs benefit. I then paid 4k and put a stock motor in...If I knew what I know now I would have put a diff. engine but...I had to replace my short block, turbo, and labor....They put it right up my pooper...Never again...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Smokin02wrx said:
Took my car in for the clutch judder. It did it once in awhile, but it was starting to bother me. I have a cold air intake and 3'' catback exhaust. They replaced the clutch no problem. I picked it up the next day noticed by the time I got home the car would have to go back. The judder is now worse, it does it everytime I leave out of first, and when I back up now. Long story short. The DSM for Subaru drove it and told the dealer that it has too much hp now. He says the reason it has judder now it cause the clutch cant hold the hp. Excuse me but at 800rpm (thats where I feel it) how much [email protected] [email protected] horepower or torque can these cars be making!?! This is total bull. They do not want to work on it for free so they are making excuses. I am so sick of their sh!t already I dont know how much longer I can keep calm talking to them. I told the service manager that the DSM is blowing smoke up his a$$. The Tech is an idiot, I think he believes the DSM. Can anyone help me? This is so stupid I can't believe they said that.
In MY opinion, The Clutch Judder is a frkin RECALL and it shouldnt make a dm bit of difference if your modded or not!

SUBARU had a screwed clutch from the git go in the 02,s

Call the B.B.B if they keep yankin ya!!

By the way, Are you SURE they even replaced it?, Somthin don,t sound right here:mad:

Shotgun

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Believe me, something is definitely not right. I told them I would be seeing them next week after I put my stock exhaust back on. I already put my stock intake on. The tech said "Nope, the rep said its already been altered." So now he says it doesnt make a difference wether or not I put it back to stock. He says he wont work on it. I HATE SUBARU.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said before, now it does it all the time, even in reverse. It didnt do it but once in awhile before I took it in. Even then it only did it comming out of 1st.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Smokin02wrx said:
if they they did the original repair correctly, and DID replace the clutch and TOB then you have the right parts as least. that being the case, do a couple of hard hole shots slipping the clutch a bit more than usual. sometimes this burning in/bedding process can remove a bit of deposited clutch material that may be causing high spots and jerky engagement. you don't want to KILL the clutch, but get a little bit of smell going on. ;)

if it doesn't help the problem then your flywheel's surface may be too far gone for help. you could resurface, or get a new flywheel. either way is expensive in terms of labor, and new flywheels are like 4 bills.

hth
ken

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had the same problem after getting the clutch shudder TSB done. After I left the dealership I noticed the shudder right away and I made a loop back to them. I told the service advisor about it and he stated everything is new. I knew it wasn't normal...but I had no time to play games so I just took it home and dealed with it. But everytime I said i was going to bring it in....it goes away (go figure) but after about a month or so it went away. :confused: I wasn't making as much power as I am now when it was done but good luck with it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am a service manager for Acura and deal with this sort of thing all the time. SOA and the dealership are covering there a$$es here, warranty labor pays about 1/2 of what the actual time should be. So the techs, and dealership would be getting paid less. Plus if they do cover it, they will set a precedent for others later down the road. They still have to prove that your mods caused the problem. There are ways to get you some help. I would contact Subaru's customer service department and tell them what is going on. If you complain long enough and to the right people you might get some help. Just be honest and straightfoward about what you have done and question Subaru's quality and concern for customer service.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Family Guy said:
I would contact Subaru's customer service department and tell them what is going on. If you complain long enough and to the right people you might get some help. Just be honest and straightfoward about what you have done and question Subaru's quality and concern for customer service.
It works. Use the Subaru website to file a complaint as well.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Family Guy said:
I am a service manager for Acura and deal with this sort of thing all the time. SOA and the dealership are covering there a$$es here, warranty labor pays about 1/2 of what the actual time should be. So the techs, and dealership would be getting paid less. Plus if they do cover it, they will set a precedent for others later down the road. They still have to prove that your mods caused the problem. There are ways to get you some help. I would contact Subaru's customer service department and tell them what is going on. If you complain long enough and to the right people you might get some help. Just be honest and straightfoward about what you have done and question Subaru's quality and concern for customer service.
Or if your retired like ol, SHotgun........

If my sht breaks for somthin without a real "abuse"

Im gonna paint some big arse "Sooby Sucks" on my ride and drive around all day in front of the dealers.

With a tad of oil injected into the exhaust;)

Shotgun

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I called their customer service. They told me there is nothing they are gonna do. All the service rep did was call the DSOM and reiterate his lame ass excuse. I am dealing with someone from SOA now via email. They have been no help as of yet. This is just rediculous. It really is. I like that idea of painting SUBARU SUCKS and driving in front of the dealership all day

1 - 19 of 19 Posts