1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,095 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,788 Posts
Nice find.

Do they really need illustrations of an aftermarket intake, exhaust and BOV? Or show what a dirty air filter looks like?

"Subaru Service Bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians ONLY."

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what are they saying there not going to fix your car cuz you put an aftermarket exhaust on it ? :confused:
No.

They are saying if you have a downpipe which creates more then stock power they arent going to fix your drivetrain parts if they fail.

99% of the time catbacks are fine. They dont create any more power then usual. Subaru is usually good with warranty stuff with a CB as long as the CB doesnt OBVIOUSLY cause an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So is that saying that you cannot put a after market intake on it? What about the SPT intake? So what mods can you do that won't void your warranty?

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'll just lock this as it's really not the place to answer questions it's just informative.

SPT parts are fine.

Mods that you can do to not "void" your powertrain warranty would be any SPT part or MOST catbacks. I havent heard of any cases where a catback voided anything with the powertrain.

As far as intakes...other then the SPT unit (since it's approved) they could make a logical argument that it caused more stress on the motor, turbo, and I'm sure they'd even grab saying more power then the stock gearbox was ment for.

These are CUT and DRY FINAL findings. Each warranty case is handled on an individual basis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
[email protected]
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing