Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, i did a washer mod on my 2013 BRZ. For those of you who aren't familiar it pretty much lets some exhaust bypass the muffler, while some still go through the muffler. Anyways, I love the way it sounds but are there any dangers to doing this? Also, is t bad for my car?

· Master Baiter
22,140 Posts
So you already did something that you didn't properly research the repercussions of?

If what I understand of the "mod" is correct, you simply created an exhaust leak. If the leak is post-catalyst / rear O2 sensor, there shouldn't be an issue with engine longevity. You're going to hear a "tick tick tick" sound as you pass by guardrails, and if you were doing any AFR monitoring after said leak, those values would be skewed. Your BRZ isn't fast to begin with, this "mod" did little/nothing for power, and the exhaust leak you created makes anyone who hears you driving down the road think you're a tool.

In the future, ask these questions before performing said "mod"...not necessarily for the perception people will have of you, but if you're going to potentially cause engine damage (while not in this case), why would you install first / ask questions after?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.