ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guy sup. im new here

anyways i test drove a 05 sti and love it. the power and the adrenaline it gives you. but i only launced it and went up to 90 on highway. i love the launch no questions asked. but my questions are

are subaru sti's fast from like 40 mph rolls. or any mph?

second, do they have good top speeds and reach like 140-155 mph quickly?

3rd are subaru sti's durable cars? do they leak or break down fast?

last. i know they do like 12.9's stock at quarter miles but i want to make sure this is true or low 13's stock?

i know a lot about them its just i want to make sure before i by it :) (hopefully)

well thats all guys if u have any other info rather than the questions i asked plz post them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
1. Rebadged KIA's with a turbo kit for a civic bolted on. Go figure

2. When being towed by a Z-06, yes

3.Keep a toolbox with a spare engine and transmission in the back.

4. We all lie about our quarter mile speeds. We really run the 1/8 and multiply all the times, speeds and distances by 3.

We really hate our cars secretly and wish we were all driving brown 80's Ford Tempos. :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
40-80 is quick. about the same as late model LS1's... maybe a bit quicker.

Sarting much above 80 is somewhat of a null point for me. Why start a race out of my power band and more than 15 miles an hour over the speed limit? Maybe someone with more experience in that range can tell you.

The one time I was up around 130, the Z06 that I was following was dusting me... but that's to be expected.

145-155 is the governed top speed.

Expect more like low 13's in stock form. I know there are high 12 stock STi's, but thats with heroic drivers.

Ive got nearly 30,000 miles on my '04, it lasted through one of the longest, coldest, and worst (most snow) winters we've had in NY in a long time. I've had it since November and drive it ~100 miles every day. I was driving it ~150 miles every day for the first 4 months of ownership. Besides changing the oil and having my tires switched to winter tires... it hasn't been in the shop. I need to change my brake pads, but they're just sitting on my counter waiting for me to get the time. Plus, I drive it fairly hard (lots of highway speed-to-stop and go traffic here during the times I travel).

Mine is all stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you say the STI's top speed is governed to 145-155? Is that done in the computer, or is it gear limited???

does anyone know what the top speed of a stock 04 STI is???

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have a feeling its electronic limited, I wouldn't expect anything over 160-170 top speed. But you're going to need a pretty long runway for that type of speed if you bypass the limiter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts