Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...speaking of Soobies...

I haven't seen a Brat in such a long time! Man I remember those things....really cool idea!!

I actually tried to look for a used one to buy, but man...are those RARE!!

-LostLamb

·
Registered
48 Posts
haha those cars(if you want to call them that) are so cool. there is this crazy teacher at this college i go to and she drives a blue one and it says brat on the windshield (kinda like a banner) and it has orange/brown pinstripes. the thing is in perfect original condition too.

·
2,210 Posts
They were extremely popular in the UK. All the farmers where I lived drove them. They could easily carry a sheep and a couple of bales of hay in the back. :)

It's a good idea. Like a compact El Camino, which IMO is infinitely more practical that these silly SUV-pickup hybrids like the Baja which excel in neither role. I would buy an updated Brat if it had the front cabin of a legacy with a pickup rearend replacing the passenger compartment, and if it had the same low ground clearance as a normal Suby. :)

-Pace

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here. I would buy an updated Brat if they had one. The Baja is kinda ugly...but in a sick sense I kinda like it. I would love to have that versatility to have room for 4 and some cargo space out in the back..

BUT, it doesn't have a thing on the Brat!! :)

-LostLamb

·
2,210 Posts
The thing I don't like about these SUV-truck hybrids is they have no more space than their regular SUV counterparts. The only difference is the cargo space is external so your crap is subject to the weather. I guess the only good point is that you can throw tools, dirty gear, and other junk back there that your wouldn't want inside your SUV.

I think it's a clever piece of marketing that recognises that there are bunches of urban warrior yuppie types that own an SUV, like the idea of a pickup, but aren't brave enough to go buy a dedicated truck and don't really have the need for one anyway. i.e. They like the idea that they have a pickup bed, even though it's useless for hauling anything bigger than a lawnmower.

Brat all the way, man! :)

-Pace

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I dont know what a Brat is....:(
Pics?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trailboss said:
I dont know what a Brat is....:(
Pics?
You should be spanked!! Don't know what a Brat is. Don't you look in the mirror in the mornings? :D ;)

Anywoo...here's a pic :D

Hope you like it.

-LostLamb

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Alright, so I guess they had the idea for the Baja a while ago...

·
Registered
499 Posts
The plastic bucket seats with the ski-pole handles were cool. I always wanted to ride in those seats, never got to tho.....

Maybe I'll salvage one, and mount it in the back of my Rex wagon, and have friends drive me around. Prolly void my warranty somehow.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
brembo said:
The plastic bucket seats with the ski-pole handles were cool. I always wanted to ride in those seats, never got to tho.....

Maybe I'll salvage one, and mount it in the back of my Rex wagon, and have friends drive me around. Prolly void my warranty somehow.
Man, if I'dve been drinking coke, it would've shot out my nose and into the next zip code. :D :D :D :D

-snowcat

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I like this pic in particular, which shows Subaru's patented "No-wheel Drive" :D

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
brembo said:
i think this was the coolest thing about the brat....i can remember seeing them all the time back in the day....

i'm with you brembo...always wanted to try 'em out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a brat in the early eighties. I wrecked it(Rolled at about 80 mph on the sand). I am still sad. It was my very first Subaru.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts