ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a short shifter from someone on NASIOC over the weekend, they sent me a tracking number and photo, all groovy...been a busy week so I forget about the part until about thursday when i figure i'll check the tracking number. To my surprise USPS listed the item as delivered wednesday, the day before at 1pm. I ask my wife who gets home before me if she picked up anything at our door or from the mailbox the other day and forgot to tell me, she says no :confused1 . I ask my neighbors if they got anything, all say no...now i'm like wtf mate. Called USPS and they said they'll start an "investigation" and that someone will get back to me :mad:

my question is, has anyone else ever had this happen to them with the postal service? and do i have any recourse if the thing is just gone? the sender didn't insure it since the item wasn't traveling maybe but 3 hours away, guess he figured it wouldn't be a big deal considering the item is a hunk of metal, what could go wrong. I've also read that people have had a package show as delivered but didn't actually receive it until a few days later? i don't understand how that makes sense?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
USPS has the worst shipping tracking I've ever seen. Give it another day or two. Perhaps they knocked, nobody was home, so they brought it back. I've seen that happen plenty of times before.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
USPS blows

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Neither rain nor sleet nor organizational skills will stand in the USPS's way!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Hopefully it shows up man...because their "investigation" process sucks (just like everything else about the USPS) and they take forever to do anything about it...if they do anything about it at all. Good luck man, hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still nothing...i've had to contact the post office every time b/c they don't call back when they say they will...i keep getting "we'll talk to the carrier that has that route and give you a call back". That happened last thursday, friday, and this morning...every time except for today i've had to call back the next day. I also caught my carrier as he was delivering mail on saturday and he said no one at the post office has mentioned any thing to him..and when i started grilling him he couldn't remember much about that wednesday "delivery". Also every person i've talked to have been different at the post office and all them lead off with "well the system shows the package was delivered".....do they no talk to each other?? retelling the problem every time is such a waste of breath.

usps is losing their edge everywhere b/c of the times but you'd think the one thing they could maintain was customer service.

anyone else experience this? at what point do i call it and figure the item won't be showing up? the seller luckily has been really good about staying in contact...hopefully we can figure something out, b/c he's out a shifter and i'm out money.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Your best bet would be to go to the PO in person & talk to the supervisor.

I once didn't receive a package that showed "delivered". I went down to the PO & the supervisor magically found it there.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
USPS - sold a stock on ebay. USPS delivered it, guy gave me feed back, acknowledged receipt, USPS didn't/"couldn't"/wouldn't mark it delivered. Ebay wouldn't release the money.

FedEx - ordered a hat. Hat was delayed at manufacturer, ended up shipping when I was on vacation with sig. required. Attempted delivery 3x days in a row and stashed the package 1.25 hrs away at their facility. They say they can't bring it back, I can pick up or they will send it back. So I am pushing that because they closed the local pick up center and it is 2.5hrs & $20 gas total for me to get it. We'll see if they are automaton pieces of crap like their reputation.

Said hat:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got a welcomed knock on my door last night. Turns out the package was delivered to a house that is far enough away that i didn't think it would be possible to be that off. According to her, her dad got the package and didn't know what it was so tossed it under a pile of stuff....wtf? So what normally is a 2 hour drive from sender to me took 8 days. at least i can stop dealing with USPS...i still hold firm they suck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I only go to the the post office once or twice a year usually for important things. When would ask if I could get piece of mail tracked, they say "We can't do that, but we can do this where it tracks it and you can check online. Here fill this out...oh you wanted it tracked? Wait...I don't think we can do that."

me- "YES you can, it's been done before"

her-"I know we can get a delivery receipt, if you like"

me-"ugh"

So this happens once a year, because I forget what option to pick and apparently the people working their for 20 years don't know either.

In any case, glad you got your package. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts