ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the high pressure STi radiator cap for my '04 WRX...but there seems to be 2 caps on the engine...one on the box near the turbo and another on the radiator itself.

Now, i am thinking that i should have gotten 2??? If not, i replace the one that is similar in shape, yes (the one on the box)?

I would think only replacing one would sort of defeat the purpose...am is my assumption correct or am i just being newb?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I bought the high pressure STi radiator cap for my '04 WRX...but there seems to be 2 caps on the engine...one on the box near the turbo and another on the radiator itself.

Now, i am thinking that i should have gotten 2??? If not, i replace the one that is similar in shape, yes (the one on the box)?

I would think only replacing one would sort of defeat the purpose...am is my assumption correct or am i just being newb?
newb,

if they both fit then uh get 2?
If your stock and dressing your engine...thats alot of money to waste.
I could spend $100 on something else that will benefit my car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw, it's not dress up...i got a vf34, turboback exhaust, JDM intercooler, Rad shroud, ECutek, STi pinks, walbro pump, etc.

I decided not to do the cap because it made the coolant burst...could be cause i only replaced one???

Anyway, i am gonna ebay it for $30.

Thanks for the input though :)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
I decided not to do the cap because it made the coolant burst...could be cause i only replaced one???
No, if you had the coolant clamps burst and got leaks, the cap did its job -- it increased the max pressure of the system. You installed it correctly. Subaru are incapable of producing a hose clamp it seems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts