ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ladies and gents, got a 2007 wrx tr. Had it for a few years and never had any problems whatsoever with this car. Not sure if it's coincidental or an actual issue with wiring or a fuse, so my neighbor told me my passenger headlight was out. No big deal, I'll take care of it tomorrow, couple hours later I get in my car(it's night time now) turn my lights on and my driverside was still working. I get 10 ft from my driveway and the driver light goes out. So now my Italian temper rises I'm pissed since I gotta drive all over the place with my brights on. Anyway, anyone think this could be something other than blown bulbs? Not very good at stuff like this so I'm open to comments lol. Thanks. :screwy:

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
My 06 TR likes to chew up the passenger side before the driver side every time, kind of odd. Regardless though, bulbs just go out. I'm on set #4 now. (One switch out was voluntary)

·
Registered
750 Posts
If the passenger bulb just blew out then the driver side isn't far behind. Replace both and call it done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense since I put them both in at the same time. So annoying driving around town with my brights. Thanks for the advice guys. Just thought it mayve been something more in depth. I'm gonna pick up new bulbs tomorrow. Changing bulbs in these cars are a friggin chore.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hahaha I always turn my high beams on at people who drive with their high beams on. Use your fog lights instead, if you have them.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Here's a simple way to get your headlight bulbs to last much longer:
Always drive with them on.

Subarus have a nice feature which is that you never need to turn your headlights off. They automatically shut off when you shut off the car, so you don't have to worry about draining your battery. My headlight switch has been on ever since I bought the car. It has only gotten turned off twice when I let other people drive the car.

Not only do your bulbs last longer, but it makes driving safer too since people can see you more easily. Depending on which study you read, driving with them on all the time has been shown to reduce accident rates by anywhere from 10-30%.

"But how can keeping them on make them last longer?" you're asking yourself. Well, think about this: Have you ever had a headlight blow when they're on? It's very rare. They fail 99.999% of the time when they're off. The reason is a cold filament is very brittle and can easily break when you hit a bump. When they're on, they're hot and flexible, so they're not brittle.

I've never had to replace a headlight bulb on any of my cars even after 50k miles and 4 years of driving. I don't know how long you can actually get them to last because I buy and sell cars far too often! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here's a simple way to get your headlight bulbs to last much longer:
Always drive with them on.

Subarus have a nice feature which is that you never need to turn your headlights off. They automatically shut off when you shut off the car, so you don't have to worry about draining your battery. My headlight switch has been on ever since I bought the car. It has only gotten turned off twice when I let other people drive the car.

Not only do your bulbs last longer, but it makes driving safer too since people can see you more easily. Depending on which study you read, driving with them on all the time has been shown to reduce accident rates by anywhere from 10-30%.

"But how can keeping them on make them last longer?" you're asking yourself. Well, think about this: Have you ever had a headlight blow when they're on? It's very rare. They fail 99.999% of the time when they're off. The reason is a cold filament is very brittle and can easily break when you hit a bump. When they're on, they're hot and flexible, so they're not brittle.

I've never had to replace a headlight bulb on any of my cars even after 50k miles and 4 years of driving. I don't know how long you can actually get them to last because I buy and sell cars far too often! :)
hey teflon

I believe STI limited has HID= so you basically don't have a filament in your hid. I'll agree though that turning on/off often will decrease bulb lifespan.

cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts