ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With another round of ice races coming up this weekend we decided it would be fun to stud up some tires on one of GrimmSpeed's sponsored rides.

We bought enough studs(bolts) to do 80 per tire on 3 cars. Josh i believe located the seller on rs25(correct me if i'm wrong josh). Turned out to be about $100 per car in parts to do it all.

Install was pretty simple, just time consuming.

1. marker/paint stud pattern on tire
2. use 7/32" drill bit to drill out the holes
3. take bolt, place small gold washer on followed by big silver washer.
4. with a wrench, thread the bolt and washers from the inside of the tire out. we tried just pushing them through but the hole is so small it made it difficult. we used a 12v makita drill just to get them all threaded through the tire.
5. once all of the bolts/washer are through the tire, place another silver washer then a gold smaller washer on the bolt on the tread side of the tire.
6. place locking nut on each stud, tighten with impact wrench.

this is where we are now. next step will be to pop them on the rims to see if they hold air. we may need to put a can of green goo in each tire just as a saftey measure. the studs are pretty long so we may need to trim them as well.

I think these will be a blast out on the ice...hopefully no small children or animals get in the way!!

Justin

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Ive driven on studded snows before but never like that :eek:

that would be sooo much fun.

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
WOW! :whoa:
I'm anxious to see how they perform & what kind of damage they will inflict.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I don't know what to say other than holy ****ing ****! We'd better see some pics/video of you on the ice/snow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts