Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my WRX for about a month now but haven't yet gotten snow tires. We're getting pounded with snow and ice tonight, and although it was a blast driving in it with no one else on the road, I'm pretty sure I'd feel a lot safer with dedicated winter tires on her under normal driving conditions. My questions is do I get studded snow tires or should I go with the Blizzak type winter tires? I had studs on my outback wagon and I can't recall them ever sliding at all. Will the Blizzaks give me that much performance? Basically I just need to know, will Blizzaks grip as well on slippery black ice as the studded snows do? Thanks for any info you could provide.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Well, I don't have direct experience with Blizzaks vs. studded snow tires, but I would imagine using my supreme logic that studded tires will perform better on black ice than non-studded. The decision may be made easier by whether or not your state (or possibly local) laws allow studs.

tcc

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Blizzaks as good on black ice? No way. They're good but not THAT good. A good set of studded snows is the ultimate setup. If you don't mind the studs in the dry and can legally run them anyway!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll definitely get some studs then. The noise on dry roads doesn't really bother me too much. I'll just have to upgrade the crappy stereo system sooner rather than later. =o)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts