Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on KYB AGX, Tokico Blues or Whites, or any others? The application is gear towards street and roadrace. Coilovers like Teins really worth the extra price(ie I'd like opinions on performance/price). Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I thought KYB and Tokico don't have anything for the WRX just yet, it will probalby take them another year before anythign is made for our cars. The Teins are nice but make sure you get the right setup, some setups will give you a really rough ride when you ride around on the bumpy roads in the United States.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blazin, I heard what you say. I actually live in Montreal, Canada. In other words, the city with over zealous salt truck drivers during winter, leaving massive potholes all around which means lowering efforts is not always a bright idea. If tokico and KYB come out with units next year for the WRX, which do you think will suit my varying road conditioned city? Any units you would recommend for high performance with ability to soak up not so pretty roads(or very pretty for rally freaks)? What strut bars, sway bars and ties would you recommend? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Good question, I had a very good experience with KYB AGX shocks which were 4 way adjustable in the front and 8 way adjustable in the rear. Tokico makes very good shocks also but I never had any personal experience with them, I'd say go with their Illuminas which is 5 way adjustable if they ever come out with them. The stock setup right now is pretty stiff but it's not stiff enough to give me the racey feel that I would like so I'm looking for shocks for myself also. As for strut and swaybars it's hard to say 1 is better than the other becuase there's no way you can really test them. Ask around on our forum and see if anyone has any strutbars/swaybars installed that showed a noticeable difference from the stock swaybars/strut bars.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts