ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think its time for struts they're shot ride is very harsh around the bethesda rockville area the roads are TERRIBLE. so glad i didnt get coilovers anywho. Im obviously looking for struts and new upper strut mounts. The upper strut mounts i was going to go with group n heard alot of good things about them. Now for the struts i think people recommend kyb and i cant remember which ones were like factory so kinda wondering which kyb were best to get for my vehicle. its only got springs on it soo yeah a point in the right direction would be cool thanks a bunch.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What springs?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i got the H-techs now my caster is out in the left front a half degree (it was like that before i put springs on) now i would assume if i was to get the caster/camber adjustment plate it has the bearing built into it, and i would get that instead of the group n mounts.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
the kyb gr-2's are the less expensive kind that they make. they arent adjustable and are like the stock struts, just replacements. the kyb agx are adjustable and a little more expensive. then i would just get stock strut mounts. if u want something alittle better look into group N sti strut mounts. and if looking to get new lowering springs look into Epics. lokey has them and i have them on now with kyb's and it ride like stock over bumps, a tiny bit stiffer, gives you a nice amount of drop, and will handle better.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
the kyb gr-2's are the less expensive kind that they make. they arent adjustable and are like the stock struts, just replacements. the kyb agx are adjustable and a little more expensive. then i would just get stock strut mounts. if u want something alittle better look into group N sti strut mounts. and if looking to get new lowering springs look into Epics. lokey has them and i have them on now with kyb's and it ride like stock over bumps, a tiny bit stiffer, gives you a nice amount of drop, and will handle better.
+1

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice thanks for the quick responses so its between koni yellow sport and kyb agx both are adjustable which is nice. Yea im really happy with the drop and handling i got out of the h-techs and i feel that it'll be alot better with some functional struts! usually helps. I think ill stick to the sti group n mounts for now. preciate the advice from everyone!

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Those H-Techs will blow GR-2s before long.. I would at least get AGX, they'll handle more abuse. I've been using AGX struts for years and the ride is good.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Unless things have changed, I don't think there is a correct fitment for AGX for wagons? If they are sedan struts it will take out 1 degree of camber in the front. That is why we wagon folks all ended up with Konis not long ago.

Besides, just get the Konis anyways.

Edit, also don't worry about .5 degree cross caster. These are better than the group N because they are just as stiff but give you more caster (always good), and more camber if you want.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I think you're right about that.. I remember something about spacers for the wagon, but you're right, Konis would be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Spacers for the saggy butt - that was springs. We have all the fun with the wagons.

The fronts struts are different length, and different width track. People used to recommend the GC8 fronts, but then figured out that was worse in different ways.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking at those whitelines too. I think i'm gonna do the koni yellow sport and the whiteline upper strut mounts. The struts are pretty expensive im gonna have to order them 2 at a time prolly gonna be a month till i put them on.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
It is worth the wait - by far the best option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts