ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im thinking of buying an aftermarket front strut brace for my 2011 WRX, and my question is this; will i see/ feel enough improvement in handling to justify the purchase? As far as modifications go my car is basically stock but im about to start autocrossing it and im looking to firm up the suspension/ eliminate a little body roll. I know the best starting suspension mods are sways and endlinks but i dont quite have that much cash sitting around as i am a busy/ broke college student with no job as of yet.

any and all input is welcome!

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
If you want to autox.. look into the rules of the class you want to run first. That will determine what mods you should/shouldn't run (for competition) .. if just playing around on the street the 3G chassis is pretty stiff as is.. you likely wont see any improvement from a strut bar. Sways and links however make a huge improvement as does a good performance alignment. But again, check your autox rules first if that's the priority and see what you can and cant get away with.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
mangostick said:
If you want to autox.. look into the rules of the class you want to run first. That will determine what mods you should/shouldn't run (for competition) .. if just playing around on the street the 3G chassis is pretty stiff as is.. you likely wont see any improvement from a strut bar. Sways and links however make a huge improvement as does a good performance alignment. But again, check your autox rules first if that's the priority and see what you can and cant get away with.
Until you've taken care of the other handling weakness points (tires, alignment, struts/springs, sways/endlinks, bushings, etc.), I wouldn't worry about a front strut bar.

In regards to Auto-X classing: unless you plan to really compete, don't worry about it. An ALK kills classing, but to me, improvement throughout the day is more important than how I stack up to other cars, and this is probably my favorite suspension mod. Also, I only participate in an event (maybe two) every year, so it's not like I could win anyway.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
^ this

·
Registered
316 Posts
The strut towers are so close to the firewall that it is doubtful that you will see any benefit from a strut brace. The firewall is already bracing them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts