Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about a lot of common suspension mods but I haven't heard too much about strut bars on wrx's. How do you guys that have them like them. I especially love the look of the strut bar under the hood in front.

Tell me which ones you guys use and how you like them. Did you do both front and rear?

Thanks
Para

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
paragonwrx said:
I've read about a lot of common suspension mods but I haven't heard too much about strut bars on wrx's. How do you guys that have them like them. I especially love the look of the strut bar under the hood in front.

Tell me which ones you guys use and how you like them. Did you do both front and rear?

Thanks
Para
I did some research on these things when I wanted to get some, but the consensus was that they're mainly for show. Sway bars are much more effective for that kind of money.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Well a strut bar keeps the tops of the struts form moving in and out. It in theory makes your steering response a little better, and the car should go where you point it. As for the rear strut on a sedan you dont really need it. The backseat/deck do a good enough job. On a wagon thouhg the rear would be helpfull I guess.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got one on the front of my sedan and I noticed a small difference in steering response. It also feels somewhat more stable at highway speeds.

http://www.geocities.com/pityr0/wrx/genomebrace.html

This ones not $125 though ;) I dont know if there is much of a difference between the genuine sti braces and the aftermarket knock-offs.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,975 Posts
That bar was expensive,right? :eek:

·
Registered
423 Posts
josnroh said:
That bar was expensive,right? :eek:
Something like $600 I believe. Check out Gruppes' web site.
I dont know how much the one I have costs new or where to get it. I got mine used for a smoking deal in Japan.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
I picked up mine used for $250, couldn't resist. There are definitely some floating around as they were oe (JDM) for several STi trims- the RA for sure.

The bar literally weighs nothing- I didn't realize how light titanium was (guess it should be for that price;) ).

Big Sky

1 - 15 of 15 Posts