Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened right after I got my car, no mods AT ALL, and I was hesitant to post it because you shouldn't run hard before your engine is broken in and I really don't believe in street racing. Add to this the fact that the "friend" in the story is now a police officer.

I'm on Street Road (two lanes in each direction and a turning lane, lots of lights) taking my friend for a ride in my WRX when I pull up to a light. A white Dodge Stealth Turbo pulls up next to me and looks at my car like, "What's that thing?" Now, keep in mind, my friend is 6'7" and 240 lbs. so, I'm carrying a little extra weight. The light turns green and I get a good launch and annihilate him.
We get to the next light and I'm not quite as sharp as before and he gets the jump on me right away. I'm trying to stay with him and I'm knocking on his fender when he gives a wave out the window. Now I'm pissed. I shift into fourth and floor it. I start gaining and hit about 70 (in a 40mph zone, BTW). Suddenly a blue Chrysler LHS makes a right in front of us. I see the Stealth brake and I stay into it. My friend yells, "Jim!" I look forward and realize the Chysler is IN MY LANE! I hit the brakes, but it's much too late for that, so I swerve into the turning lane, declutch and punch it. I hit about 90 as I merge in front of the Chysler, who probably messed his shorts.
At the next red, the Stealth pulls up behind me and I give him a little wave. He gave a short wave back. This stealth was running mad boost to almost beat me. I was impressed. In the end, it came down to who wanted it more. I never backed down. My friend who was riding with me is the same way. Race until it's over. I'm glad I wasn't behind that Stealth at the next light. Street racing is insane, but what a rush!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Platinum, Platinum, Platinum........tisk, tisk, tisk.

Are you trying to give us a bad name? I had my friend with me the other day and took a corner that had one of those yellow signs that said 15MPH. Well I was going 60 when I went into it and as I gave it full gas about half way through the car started to slide towards that yellow line in the middle of the road. The guy coming the other way looked a little unnerved as he headed to the sholder of the road. I don't think I crossed the line but I got awful close.

RR, RR, RR,..........tisk, tisk, tisk.

I think we both need to be more careful around other cars and with passangers. :eek:

Easier said than done. ;)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the full-sized Chrysler LHS made his righthand turn into the right lane like the law says to, he would've been the Stealth's problem, not mine. My cop friend was like "Holy schiznit, that guy pulled out in front of two cars under full throttle at more than 60 mph. Did he even look?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts