ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess this is sort of a race, but didn't think it was worthy of WRX vs. the World.... its kinda funny though.

Anway, on my way to work today, I got stuck behind this big new Grand Marquise doing like 10 miles an hour under the speed limit. Annoying. But I wasn't tailgating or anything.

At the end of the street, we come to a stop light, and both lanes are to turn left. He gets in the left one, so I get in the right one. I see its an old couple, both in their late 60s probably. Typical.

So, when the light turns, I know I'm going to have to give it a little extra because i have the outside lane and I don't want to get stuck behind him on the next street. What I didn't expect was for him to slam it off the line, rip halfway into my lane, and try and beat me out. I shift to 2nd at like 4k RPMs, then pound the gas, and rip by him. This OLD MAN totally floored it off the line trying to beat me to the next street! Then the old guy flashed is brights at me, so, the ungraceful winner I am, I flip him off.

End of rant.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Just an observation - Old people are uncoordinated and tend to hit the gas heavily on starts, then they completely let off when they realize they are exceeding a brisk jogging pace.

They wear big shoes.

nice kill(?)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No this guy was definitely trying to race me off the line. That's why I thought I'd post it. It's just funny. If it was a kid or something I wouldn't have bothered because it wouldn't be funny OR a respectable burn.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
This might be the best race I've heard of since I smoked a school bus - heavily modded with DC Public Schools written on the side and the stop sign sticking out.

What were his mods? Blind spot mirrors? A gold-plated tissue box?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A handicap sign hangin from the rearview, a bottle of ben gay, and a bumper sticker that says "My other car is an electric scooter."

·
Registered
514 Posts
dsel said:
This might be the best race I've heard of since I smoked a school bus - heavily modded with DC Public Schools written on the side and the stop sign sticking out.
Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
A handicap sign hangin from the rearview, a bottle of ben gay, and a bumper sticker that says "My other car is an electric scooter."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

MuaHAhaHAhAHaha!

*Catches breath*

MauAUauAUaHAhAahA!

·
Registered
647 Posts
hahaahaha thats awesome. Those cars arnt too fast. My friend used to have a 98 marquis and i smoked it in my lancer with headers intake and exhaust. to like 65 then his V8 killed me.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had a couple of geezers try that sort of thing with me about 20 years ago. Just plodding along on a rural road and I pulled out to pass and they old guy hammers the gas! I'm in a Chevy Caprice with a 170HP 5.7L V8. :eek3: I had to get up to 80 or 90 before I got around him.

:confused1

They want to be first, but they don't want to go fast...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i would say nice kill.. .but it'd feel wrong....

cause technically that means you just killed an old person...

*mumbles* damn old person killer

no respect :tongue:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts