ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys hopefully I'm on the right form for this. I have a 2011 STI with a stock motor the only mods are a full 3" Turbo back straight pipe a cobb SF intake and a stage 2+ 91 oct tune and a turboxs 50/50 bov. just a few days ago out of the blue this strange ticking rattling noise started coming from what seems to be the center of the motor but I can't tell if it's inside or outside of the engine. It's only when I'm partially on the throttle (just enough to keep the car moving) and it goes away when I go to accelerate or take my foot off the gas, it doesn't happen while at idle either. I should also mention that it doesn't matter what RPM I'm at and the car has to be moving, It will still make the noise when I blip the throttle in neutral when not moving but it's not constant as if it is when I'm driving. I've checked my oil and it is full. My DAM
stays at 1 And my Knock feedback hasn't gone higher than a 2.8. The car still drives fine however this noise is very annoying and beginning to concern me. Would anyone have an idea as to what this could possibly be?

Heres the link to the video i posted to youtube.

Heres the 2nd vid. This one i had a friend keeping the throttle around 2k

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,847 Posts
When you say "center" do you mean the top or the front?

Since you've modded the exhaust, is a heat shield loose or something?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have no heat shield's on the exhaust. And by top i mean directly underneath the TMIC

·
Æternum
20,354 Posts
Find someone qualified with a mechanic's stethoscope. Rattles are rarely ever problematic, but can be very expensive if they are. It's worth spending the $$ for assurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts