Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i found a strange noise today,.....i have no idea if it was there before....but it has a "click.click.click....." medium lourd, we can hear it very clearly in car, and it's very noticetable when we check engin...it sounds like injector, but lourd....maybe it normal.

any idea ?

i have 150miles on my car, i drove hard 20miles/150miles....

well...

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Every WRX has it...I heard it was the alternator, but I'm not sure. Either way, no need to worry :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
engine noises

what the *&%#, $24,000 later and i have a horrible ticking sound, and an obnoxious knock until the car is at operating temp. I just sold my 93 chevy fullsize pickup with 137,000 miles on it, never once did i hear any noises like this. I've been told that the noises i am hearing are charachteristic of the boxer engine, I find it hard to believe that these noises could be acceptable. I'm bringing my car to the dealership within the next two weeks for a definite diagnosis. Hopefully it will all be ironed out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
NOT NORMAL!

It's your cam belt tensioner. Get it fixed. Took mine in last week, took 1 day, no more ticking. Subaru USA told me that if the belt was to go, so too would the motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts