ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... Until I tried a 6000 RPM clutch drop, no slipping, just totally side stepped the pedal. Score one for the DCCD, managed to limp the car about 5 miles back into town with the car in "front wheel drive". Interesting thing is the car didn't complain at all when I tried this with the full rear bias, oh well, probably violently fatigued something and then it exploded when I tried it in full 50/50 lock a few minutes later.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the side... It didn't destroy the CV like I origionally thought... it actually sheered the axle shaft off the trunion which is amazing.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Oooops

:D :D :D :D

Oh that's fun!

It's more interesting when you do that with a RWD and blow the rear drive shaft U-joint.

Then you get serenaded by the Gentle WHAMM Ping WHAMMM Ping WHAMMMM as the drive line alternately slams against the floor boards and bounces off the pavement, while it tries to come through the floor boards and get even with you for abusing it.

Larry

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shame on you for not looping your driveline :)

I was in a friends 427 camaro when he grenaded a front u-joint and the car tried to roll end over end... scary stuff... thank god we were only doing about 35mph when that happened.

·
Registered
690 Posts
one time at band camp... hehe

A friend of mine was playing around at an intersection he dropped the clutch on his 94 wrangler and the wheel decided it didn't want to stay with car... so it went bouncing off into the greenbelt while my friend had to limp the wrangler to teh side of hte road with sprks flying from the nub it left.. hehe very funny :wiggles:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually the STi guys will be fine with that kind of abuse. I'm still on the RS rear diff with the RS rear axles. The STi's have way more beefy hardware back there... but don't expect CV's to last too long even on the STi's if you abuse them like that.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really? I would have thought that the STi guys would be sheering off differential yokes before nuking those CV's. I think the biggest reason mine failed is that as far as I can tell from all the records I have on the car... those were the same rear axles the car was born with and they've now got 123,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Maybe if you had a WRX it wouldnt break you sissy, get a real car.

FTW

1 - 20 of 34 Posts