ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had an Exedy replacement clutch installed on my 2006 WRX (with a lightweight flywheel, above the minimum specifications, I think it's 13lbs or more, didn't want the flywheel, by my mechanic was saying he wouldn't be able to get a stock one for longer and my clutch was about ready to go).... there are no CEL errors or anything, however while idling in neutral a couple of times, the rpms started to dip and climb between 750 RPM and 1250 RPM by itself.... my foot was off the clutch and the gas.... is this just a normal hiccup since the mechanic had to disconnect the battery which might have wiped some of the memory in the ECU (mind you I haven't chipped ther car)....

Any ideas???

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
It's likely because the flywheel is too light. Many people have had to set their idles a bit higher to compensate for this. Your car will bounce from too low to too high at times depending on what it is detecting. Too low it will add more air/fuel, causing the idle to increase, which it tries to bring back down again because the idle speed is set lower, bogs, more air/fuel and the cycle continues.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback Anub1s! Is this something that needs to be addressed urgently since it only occurs on idle?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Personally I'd be addressing anything that causes the car to run incorrectly pretty quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts