ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick question guys. Moving ahead on the purchase of a 02 rex. Took some quick pics at the dealer of the engine bay, in an effort to determine if the car has ever been modded. I've heard some of you can tell just by glancing at the pics. :wiggles: :wiggles:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
From those pics, LOoks pretty damn stock to me.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Heatsheild on turbo is a good sign of nonmods.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that a big relief. oh BTW is 16K for an 02 w/ 26 thousand miles a good deal?
I think it is pretty good, as they were originally asking 18K. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is the general consencus that the car has not been modded?

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
Bman said:
So is the general consencus that the car has not been modded?
I can't answer that for SURE, but I CAN say that everything in the pics looks very stock.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK thanks guys. The car did come off a lease, so that also reinforces the idea that it hasn't been modded. It drives nice, shifts well, and idles nicely. The interior and exterior seem new, and the shifter feels like it hasn't even been broken in yet. Do these WRX shifters 'break in' or do they just remain tight? Anything else to look for when I go back to the dealer? Thnaks for your time.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Look at the pipes at the front of the I/C they are white. Is it just the pic or are those supposed to be black? They are on my car but I have an '04. Did they used to be white?

I want to know how they got their I/C so clean with 26k on it, its shiny.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Heatsheild on turbo is a good sign of nonmods.
My heatshield's on my VF34. ;)
But in the pic the shield looks unhacked, at least as much as I can tell from that angle.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
grr ray....always out to make it harder then it should be. :) IN MOST cases the AVERAGE person wouldnt swap turbo or UP/DP and put any of the shields back on..... ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i'm not really worried, as the car just came off lease. Just checking to make sure... :wiggles:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
grr ray....always out to make it harder then it should be. :) IN MOST cases the AVERAGE person wouldnt swap turbo or UP/DP and put any of the shields back on..... ;)
Hey, the shield was on there for a reason. It took all of 5 minutes to take off a little material and adapt it to the new downpipe. I'm an engineer; we specialize in making something simple into something complex... ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts