ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came accross my buddy who works at my grandpa's VW dealership, he was driving a brand new passat 1.8 turbo, nice car. he was out picking up some of his co-workers me and him did a 40 mph roll i started in 3rd, I pulled him a couple car length up till about 95 then slowed due to mall traffic, I think the 1.8 turbo makes about 190 hp, so were probly making the same at the wheel...

·
Registered
878 Posts
good to know my friend has a vr6 2001 passat which makes the same and thinks he can take me i of course have AP which is good for 265 plus all wheel drive I should destroy him then. LOL:D

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Sedlmeier101 said:
I came accross my buddy who works at my grandpa's VW dealership, he was driving a brand new passat 1.8 turbo, nice car. he was out picking up some of his co-workers me and him did a 40 mph roll i started in 3rd, I pulled him a couple car length up till about 95 then slowed due to mall traffic, I think the 1.8 turbo makes about 190 hp, so were probly making the same at the wheel...

nice run :thumbup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sedlmeier101 said:
If the passat is a stock 1.8T he's making 170hp at the crank. Chipped your looking at about 200ish. Nice car and good run. They excel from the roll.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sedlmeier101 said:
The new Passat is 170hp stock. I had a 2001.5, and it was a great car. With the exception of the front rotors going out at 16k. It was like an Audi A4 stretched. After 5k or so miles my Passat seemed to open up a bit. Race again after the Passat gets broken in. It will be a little closer.

·
Registered
878 Posts
VW does not make a vr6 passat, only a v6, but completely different than the vr6
well yeah the new one has the audi engine my bad, but the older body style had the vr6 in it

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that site ^ is crap.. your telling me a 02 wrx makes 170 hp w/ a stage 0 unichip..up pipe.. ect i thought at stock wrx will make 170 at the wheels

·
Registered
158 Posts
ill go for a 30mph roll if ya want ;) :D :thumbup:

subaru_crazy said:
good to know my friend has a vr6 2001 passat which makes the same and thinks he can take me i of course have AP which is good for 265 plus all wheel drive I should destroy him then. LOL:D
good race, results about what i expected...nice job man, and funny to read about a WRX-B5.5 race

·
Registered
878 Posts
ill go for a 30mph roll if ya want
well 2 things: what do you have? a 2001 passat, with mods?
and another that if i leave it in 1 st you will have no chance but if i shift to 2 nd then you have a much better chance, 30 mph is that kind of a range where you have all of the adventage for a start. But i think thats not the way race should be done, race from a stop and be a man :) j/k Now racing should be done from a stop other wise there are too many factors that come into play. To be fair I won't launch, how about that?

·
Registered
158 Posts
iDK man, im down for anything, but obviously from stop would favor you...but its cool, love seein those things take off...but i would be down if you dont launch lol...

and i have a 00 B5 1.8T, every bolt on except FMIC/clutch/flywheel/LSD and T upgrade/rims

subaru_crazy said:
well 2 things: what do you have? a 2001 passat, with mods?
and another that if i leave it in 1 st you will have no chance but if i shift to 2 nd then you have a much better chance, 30 mph is that kind of a range where you have all of the adventage for a start. But i think thats not the way race should be done, race from a stop and be a man :) j/k Now racing should be done from a stop other wise there are too many factors that come into play. To be fair I won't launch, how about that?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Sedlmeier101 said:
that site ^ is crap.. your telling me a 02 wrx makes 170 hp w/ a stage 0 unichip..up pipe.. ect i thought at stock wrx will make 170 at the wheels
The site is not crap - it's a Dyno Dynamics (aka 'the heart breaker') - check.

-tp

·
Registered
878 Posts
8urvtec what is your estimate hp?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't have much interesting to say but need to post. I am 21 and own two cars. My wrx wagon and a 2000 passat V6. 190 hp plus chip so maybe 194-195 hp. They claim eight but i never believe that. If subaru crazy's friend thinks he can take a wrx with his V6 passat, well, just show him. Its nothing compared to the wrx in acceleration. The steering, though, is amazing.

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Last night at the track, there was a newer 1.8T Jetta running over and over. I think the fastest he ran was a [email protected] or something like that. Seemed like it was being launched/driven well, but it was hot out also.

·
Registered
158 Posts
if i was a GTi/Jetta, i would imagine somewhere in the 210-215ish WHP range, little more/little less since i have a few extras...

subaru_crazy said:
8urvtec what is your estimate hp?

but since i have the K03, and not the K03s, i would hope somewhere in the 180 wheel range...

Integra96 said:
Last night at the track, there was a newer 1.8T Jetta running over and over. I think the fastest he ran was a [email protected] or something like that. Seemed like it was being launched/driven well, but it was hot out also.
damn that sucks...i feel bad for that car lol...

when i was at the track last, in 88% humidity, and 82 degree weather, there was a 04 GTi, doin 4 back-back, 14.00's...then got in a friends stock jetta, and did 2 back to back 14.1's, and a 14.2...must have been a bad driver, but every track is different, also driver error...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts