ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Nope.

You have some kind of an STI turbo on there...more than likely just a VF39 (04-06 STI) or VF43 (07 STI)...but there's a small chance it could be many other JDM options that could have made it on there as well (VF30, VF37, VF22, etc.)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
No prob!

What's the rest of the engine bay look like?

You didn't get any info from the seller? Are you running into problems with it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have samco turbo inlet, and samco intercooler hoses, a upipe (no name), catback, thats pretty much it, but the big thing is i threw a rod last summer on this same setup and i replaced the shortblock with all oem subaru stuff, so i know i need a tune but i was waiting till i got my DP to do it. The only problem is a uneven idle or high idle when i start it in the morning. If i was running a Vf 39 or vf 43 turbo would i need a better fuel pump? im not sure if im running a stock pump or not i guess i should look. And no info from the seller i bought it through a dealer i know.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
If I recall the stock pump was sufficient, but I think the stock injectors are on the small side in a Bugeye.

If they aren't done, I'd at least look for some STI Pinks and replace the fuel pump with a Walbro.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Or...give me the car. Fo free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts