ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 wrx and i wanted to know if their was a way to find out if my stock wastegate is broken , ive looked at the wastegate when someone reved it but it didnt move at all ? im new to wrx and turbos so be easy on me

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
oh ok so i need a new wastegate 0.o

What brings you to this conclusion? The wastegate is only going to open when you're hitting target boost.. this means you have to be driving, in gear, and producing boost before it's going to move.

Are you having a problem with your car? If so, what are the symptoms? Also, has your car been modified? If so, what has been done to it?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I'm sure things are fine, I remember when I got my wrx about once a week I thought something was wrong with it...until I started to learn the nature of the turbo beast...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i thought the wastegate would open from reving my wrx , no problems i just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my car =) , Thanks you 2 for helping me out

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Boost is load dependent.. so your car actually has to be pushing against something (road) for it to build positive manifold pressure. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, I did not know this! Haha, my buddy was revving my WRX trying to hear the boost, no wounder... :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Wow, I did not know this! Haha, my buddy was revving my WRX trying to hear the boost, no wounder... :thumbup:
With friends like that ...

Be careful with your new best friend (the WRX).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts