Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the subbie community! Just bought a 2018 wrx I have a question about the exhaust system. I can’t go turbo back being Subaru said it will void my warranty so I have 2 options. Should I go axelback or catback???? That’s even if it makes a difference and is worth it?!?! Or would I be best off staying stock? Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
You can go either. Usually replacing the mid pipe will give you a little different type sound than the same exhaust as only an axle back.

Neither will give you any performance gains to speak of, so see if you can find some clips online or go to a Subaru meet and listen to some fart launchers and pick your favorite.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate you’re response I been looking at that invidia n1 exhaust sounds decent. Might hit up a meet and best hear it that way

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
It's loud. I mean loud. If you want obnoxious here you coming from a mile away then it's the exhaust for you. I personally would avoid it if you have neighbors.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I got the R400 because everyone said the N1 was obnoxious, plus I like the dual tips better than the single anyways. Perfect noise level for me

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had put the nameless axle back with 4" tips & 4" resonator & it is tolerable but louder than expected. If I could do it over I would try the 5" resonator. I do like the tone though, deep not raspy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just installed my invidia n1 this morning l. Not to loud but sounds better then stick that’s for sure. I used invidias gasket that came with the exhaust from the cat to the midpipe. Question is I didn’t get a 3inch donut gasket to go inside of the midpipe. I’m just using what they gave instead. Do I need to get that donut or will I be fine with invidias gasket? Leakage wise.. drove the car and can’t feel anything wrong. Felt around the pipes when car was on and no air was feelable around the pipes... anyone else got an opinion what I should do?? Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts