ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the skinny:

Due to the fact that COBB is taking it's merry freaking time to release the AccessTuner, My plans to upgrade my turbo to ethier the VF22 of 18G this summer have gone to sh!t. So not to feel like I did not accomplish nothing this summer and before I am busy with school, I was wondering if I could put a FMIC (TurboXS in this case) on with a stock turbo with out the worry of premature damage of wear. I understand it will probally work my stock turbo a little harder but I think the concern hear is a lean condition. If I get a cheap MBC and keep the boost low, say 15-15.5 ish, will this keep a lean condition from happening? This is all of course if we assume a get a good short ram that does not scew MAF sensor readings.

.....Or maybe I should just break down and by the UTEC:tongue:

Thanks for your .02

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
The turbo won't be flowing very well with that FMIC in a good efficiency range. Kick Cobb in the face, get an 18g and UTEC, and say hello to 340whp

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Trailboss said:
The turbo won't be flowing very well with that FMIC in a good efficiency range. Kick Cobb in the face, get an 18g and UTEC, and say hello to 340whp
Sounds like a damn good suggestion. :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Stock Turbo + FMIC + MBC = Solution?

SuperSubie81 said:
errrrrrrrr......I was afraid you guys where going to say that:cool:
The way I see it, a UTEC costs less than a FMIC, so you've got the money for it. It will also complete your stage 2 and allow you to easily upgrade to bigger injectors, intercooler, turbo, in the future. Utec is a great investment, you will not be dissappointed.:wiggles:

·
Registered
246 Posts
SuperSubie,

I have a very similar set-up. FMIC, MBC, and stock turbo. I just purchased a Utec and have a Unichip that I can sell you that will get you by until you get the Utec. It is a modified Stage 2 for the front mount.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Well, I'll be the different guy on the block and say that Cobb is worth the wait. But, if you're in a hurry, and have the bucks, the UTEC is a proven solution. Lots of support out there for it.

I'm impatiently waiting for Cobb to release their intercooler and Stage 3 map, so I can wring a few more horses out of the VF34.:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts