ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting beat by that mustang I've been pretty pissed and worked on my launches for a while. So I was driving down to see a movie when I see a silver RX-7 in front of me. Naturally, I tried to pull up next to it to see what that thing could do. I pulled up to the driver and he told me his car was automatic and stock, which was the same as my car so it sounded like fun. So were at the red light and off we go! I had a bad launch cuz i think i wuz too excited (I launched at like 1,500 cuz I was staring at his car). So this guy takes off alot faster, but as soon as my turbo hits i start ta pull on him and eventually after around 8 secs we even out and its dead even. We got for about 1/2 a mile more like this and then we hafta shut down cuz theres too much traffic. After we slow down a SS blows by us and cuts into the RX7's lane almost drivin him off the road. I didn't even bother with the SS cuz after the raping dun to me by the stang GT, i didn't even wanna waste my gas. But n e wayz, i no its not a kill, and i dont care wtf vin diesel says, but I ALMOST HAD HIM!!! and thats good enuff for me =):cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looked like it was a 94 or 95 to me. Very clean and good condition; silver with a aluminum spoiler.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i agree, but so is an automatic wrx =(
lol but im 100% sure its automatic cuz we ended up going to the same movie theater and i took a look at his car.

R

·
0 Posts
am i the only 1 here that isn't blind enough to call BS on this post, a stock wrx up against a rx7 and the wrx wins.....right:rolleyes: that race is not even close and since u both have autos its not like either of you can mess up on anything other then the launch....sniff sniff....sniff...yup i definently smell BS.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i never said i won........i sed i could keep up and that i wuz fine with that since i always thought tt rx7s were ALOT faster

·
Registered
48 Posts
Stock, the RX-7s are in the mid 14's. I don't know about autos, but They aren't beast out of the box.

Now race one around a mountain road and see tail lights :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts