Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing the eibach prokit on my wrx sedan. My question is should i upgrade the struts now or will this set up last a few months till i get coil overs? Also will the ride be total crap with the stock struts?
What strut (part#) should i consider if i definately need new ones.
Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
So far I heard some struts require you use a camber bolt to reduce
the excessive chamber in the back.

I am waiting for some one to make a perfect replacement struts for
the wrx with the brake line bracket.

·
2,210 Posts
WRXnSoCal said:
Im installing the eibach prokit on my wrx sedan. My question is should i upgrade the struts now or will this set up last a few months till i get coil overs? Also will the ride be total crap with the stock struts?
What strut (part#) should i consider if i definately need new ones.
Thanks
I have mostly positive, but some mixed feelings regarding uprated (lower, stiffer) springs on the stock dampers. I have this setup. Cornering ability is massively improved, and when driving at an 'average' pace the ride feels stock. However, I drive extremely aggressively on bumpy backroads for half of my 50 mile commute, and this really highlights the mismatch between the high quality stiff springs, and the piece of $hit stock dampers. Basically I can get the car to pogo a little and there is one section of a nearby road that if driven hard enough will cause the front tires to depart from the tarmac during spring rebound. The improved suspension will really work your tires harder too; especially noticeable if like me you are still running the awful RE-92s.

I will probably run this setup until the end of the year, and then swap in some Tein Wagons, or even some RAs if budget permits.

-Pace

·
Registered
42 Posts
WRXnSoCal said:
Also will the ride be total crap with the stock struts?
Not total crap. I have H&R's with stock struts at this moment. I've been running a more agressive than stock alignment and have been relatively happy with the drop and handling. The autox's I've run in have not suffered using the factory struts. However, this is all easily said because this afternoon I'm having Cusco coilovers installed! The set-up you mentioned will be ok for "a few months" IMHO. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
i also run the h&r's and stock struts.

they are a little stiff for the stock struts, but i feel the ride is acceptable. the only time that i dislike them is when i hit tall bridge joint, and the front struts smack the bump-stops.

i have basically run them since i purchased the car, as i couldn't stand the front being so high. they were, and are worth the money i spent for them.

they don't settle very much either. the front's might have settled just a bit since i installed them, it the stance is perfect.

if you are eventually going to C/O's, then why spend the money twice? just wait until you can get them, and save some bank.

--r

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
If your going to coilovers in a couple of months, there is not much reason to fiddle w/ lowering springs. Cost of the springs, time/hassle removing struts/springs and removing/reinstalling top mounts, renting spring compressor, alignment costs (yes you will need an alignment after lowering springs and/or coilovers).

Just my .02.

Big Sky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts