ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an '04 WRX wagon (my first subie). I like that it has the in-dash 6 CD player but would really like a more updated stereo.

I was wondering if the newer model WRX stereos would fit or if anyone has a suggestion for an aftermarket one with a 6 CD changer, Sirius Sat., front Aux input, and Bluetooth?

Also, are there any speaker replacement kits that anyone can suggest.

Thanks.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Any OE stereo isn't going to be much of an upgrade. Unless you get it pretty much free, I wouldn't bother. Aftermarket or bust...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
This^

Why bother with a 6 disc changer when you can just get an mp3 player and fit you whole music collection on it...
depending on your needs/wants I just oppted for a normal single din pioneer HU, it sounds great and made a world of difference in sound quality...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This^

Why bother with a 6 disc changer when you can just get an mp3 player and fit you whole music collection on it...depending on your needs/wants I just oppted for a normal single din pioneer HU, it sounds great and made a world of difference in sound quality...

Thanks that's a good point. Not sure why I am thinking in such archaic terms and it's not like I've been buying many new CDs in the last few years... :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
This^

Why bother with a 6 disc changer when you can just get an mp3 player and fit you whole music collection on it...
depending on your needs/wants I just oppted for a normal single din pioneer HU, it sounds great and made a world of difference in sound quality...
Agreed. I liked the 6 disc changer before I started using my AUX jack on my 07 STI...but that's cause my Ipod always died haha. But a good aftermarket H/U will 99.9% of the time improve the overall sound quality of your stock system.

I prefer Double-DIN units as they usually look cleaner and a bit more OEM, but that's IMO. You can find good ones for pretty cheap.

OP, brands I'd suggest are Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, and Eclipse. You can't really go wrong with any of them. There are others, just do research :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts