Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys do it without putting the Car on jackstands?

·
Registered
105 Posts
'ol change

3642 miles and 2 oil changes. First on sucked. Second one made very easy b/c of Fumoto oil valve installed on first oil change.

Oh yeah. Did not have to jack up car. Stock height too.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I got the type ra suspension and I can do it just fine without jacking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
KanosWRX said:
I can do it just fine without jacking.
Well unless you are over 65, I would hope so!!!:D

(crickets chirping)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup, stock height '02 Sedan... done several oil changes without jacking. The fumoto valve makes it so easy, I'd recommend buying one right away.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you can just lay down and reach that oil filter and oil drain gasket no probs? cool! I'm at 405 miles right now. at 3k I'll be doing it. or do you think I need to do at 1k? brand new car :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
dino to syn

bdoug said:
I changed mine at 500 and 1000 miles and used dyno oil. Then changed it at 3000 with M1 synthenic.
I did about the same thing. first oil change at 1000mi. with penzoil. Second oil change at 3000mi with M1.

If you do a search you will read that the oil plug and oil filter will be a female dog to get off the first time. I went to Sears and spent $11 on one of those fits any filter wrenches with the three spider leg thingys on it. With the help of a breaker bar everything went smoothly.

For oil change #3 I will be blind folded with one hand behind my back since I have a Fumoto oil drain valve!:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I change mine around 1500, figured I would let the original oil break it in just incase it had something in it to help break in the car. Did 2 dino oil changes after it around 3500 and 7000, then its been synthetic 5w30 (during winter) and 10w30 (during summer). I used Amsoil for awhile, but I recently switched to Mobil 1 and I think the car likes it better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My car is lowered with Eibachs, but can still change the oil without a jack.

It may sound ghetto, but I just drive it up on to a couple of 2x4s to get some clearance. quick and easy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It may sound ghetto, but I just drive it up on to a couple of 2x4s to get some clearance. quick and easy. [/B]

Not ghetto at all! Thats a good idea. At stock height I only have about 4 inches of clearance between the bottom of the car and my oil pan. A couple of inches more would go a long way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts