ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comin' home from work tonight and a black SRT-4 was headed the same way. I couldn't ever get beside him at any light or anything. We both turn off of this road onto a causeway (little-to-no traffic this time of night). I get up beside him about 35-40ish.

He is ready immediately and gives 3 honks. Mind you, this is my first 3 honk, race-from-a-roll race. So I'm almost not even ready. When I hear him honk, I drop down in 2nd and floor it after the 3rd honk. Dude put like 3-4 cars on me before turning his hazards on at about 80ish, I'm guessing. I felt like I was stuck in the damn mud.

I don't really get much of an opportunity to push/race my car and I have to say....I was kinda disappointed. At least I could hear my engine better since removing the silencer :)

I only have one choice, it seems: Mod :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gut the friggin' uppipe dude. The car will feel so much better after that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I raced an SRT-4 from a roll after I put my CAI on... I started in 3rd gear, so we must have been around 60ish or so... by the time we hit 90, he pulled a good 2-3 cars on me... he had no mods... :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
SRT-4's are pretty nice cars I've got to admit. Big power numbers that you can get for relativley cheap. If they were but a little cheaper (used ones only go back to 2003 or so) I would be looking for one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
A stock SRT-4 will murder most lightly modified WRXs. My old room mate used to have one and I could barely pull him from a roll and my mods were TBE, short ram intake, HKS header, and MBC. Very respectable car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No matter how much you hate Dodge and/or Neons in general, the SRT-4 is definitely a great car for what it is. I had one pull up to me at a light and it sounded really sweet - it was the first one I had ever seen or heard up close. I really wanted to see how quick they are but I was in the left hand turn lane. We both gave each other the thumbs up though. The guy seemed pretty cool.

When the guy looked over and started mouthing "nice car", my wife was like "this guy is checking out your car". When he pulled away I said, he's driving a nice car too. She said "but it is a Neon". I had to explain that it was a SRT-4 and would probably give the STi a run for its money from a roll...stock for stock.

It is pretty sad when a $47k (cdn price) STi has to worry about a $28k (cdn) Neon. I wonder how they handle going around a track, stock? I'd imagine kind of poorly with all that power and FWD. Anyone know?

·
Registered
211 Posts
flyingace said:
Gut the friggin' uppipe dude. The car will feel so much better after that.
Yeah, an uppipe should make up that 4 car lengths from 40-80 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think the STI has to worry about a SRT-4, the wrx might, but not the STI. I have a wrx and i know SRT-4 are hard to beat but i know the STI will have no problems with it off a role or launch. My friend has a STi and it can kill the SRT-4 with no problem. The SRT-4 is a good bang for the buck car just like the wrx but handling department on that car needs to be worked on.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
olsaltybastard said:
He put his flashers on? :confused:
Yeah, i saw him doing it earlier on the other road to this car who tried to race him (some Mazda or something I couldn't make out). The SRT-4 pulled away quickly from the light and pulled in front of the other car in their lane and put the hazards on.

Did the same to me, except didn't get in my lane.

·
Registered
889 Posts
TheBoostCreep said:
Yeah, i saw him doing it earlier on the other road to this car who tried to race him (some Mazda or something I couldn't make out). The SRT-4 pulled away quickly from the light and pulled in front of the other car in their lane and put the hazards on.

Did the same to me, except didn't get in my lane.
It means the race is over and he is signaling that he won.

·
Registered
315 Posts
my acura cl-s put a car on a stock wrx from a roll up to 80 :wiggles:

·
Registered
68 Posts
FIL129 said:
I don't think the STI has to worry about a SRT-4, the wrx might, but not the STI. I have a wrx and i know SRT-4 are hard to beat but i know the STI will have no problems with it off a role or launch. My friend has a STi and it can kill the SRT-4 with no problem. The SRT-4 is a good bang for the buck car just like the wrx but handling department on that car needs to be worked on.
There was a stock SRT-4, 04 with the LSD up front and the factory free mods.. well it had a Mopar stage 2 kit from the factory, which is a factory retuned ECU and bigger injectors, that ran my friend in his TXS DP and GT spec header STi.

The STi lost by 3 cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
by the sounds of it BIG TURKEY, the SRT-4 isn't stock, it doesn't matter if its from the factory, the ecu is retuned and bigger injectors, ecu retuning helps alot. And losing by three car lenghths thats just exageration, three cars....??? no way

·
Registered
68 Posts
FIL129 said:
by the sounds of it BIG TURKEY, the SRT-4 isn't stock, it doesn't matter if its from the factory, the ecu is retuned and bigger injectors, ecu retuning helps alot. And losing by three car lenghths thats just exageration, three cars....??? no way
They are both friends of mine.

You're right, it's not stock. It has a TXS RFL BOV.

Just for reference. Another friend of mine has a black SRT-4. He has a Psi-fi piggyback, exhaust, intake, and a 100 shot. On DRs, that car went 12.40 @ 118mph. Take off the 100shot. He went 13.1 @ 109mph

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats nice, i don't really care, that srt-4 isn't stock, it is mopar stage 2, doesn't matter about the factory thing, its still retuned and all the other stuff it has on it. i don't want to talk about whos faster anymore, i think the sti is faster and u think the srt-4 is faster, so why are u in a wrx forum, go to a srt-4 or dodge forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
and drag racing takes no skill at all, put the two cars in a road course and then the srt-4 won't be so fast anymore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts