ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 WRX Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 wrx and I feel like I’m the only one that thinks the stock exhaust sounds amazing. Cold starts and down shifting sound throaty and clean. I get that people want it louder, but changing out the quad exhaust for an annoyingly raspy single doesn’t make sense to me. What do you think?
I do own a 5.7L Tundra with upgraded exhaust and intake so I do like loud cars/trucks, but the stock wrx is perfect to me.

·
Premium Member
10,802 Posts
I think the factory exhaust sounds fine. It's personal preference though. Muff deletes universally sound like trash though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I liked it but I also drive somewhat by sound & the stock was often drown out by road or other sounds. I drove on stock for a bit, tried the nameless 5in mufflers & the cobb cat back. I didn't hate any of them but would like something in between the cobb & stock noise level. I have been driving my truck more to work because I don't want to annoy my neighbors leaving at 530am but after asking a few they apparently can't hear it.

Kinda interesting, I also have a white subaru & a red toyota truck but I went sti for the subaru & an old 93 sr5 for the truck. I bet the exhaust on that tundra sounds nice.

·
Registered
2020 WRX Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean driving by sound. I tend to keep the music off so I can here the rev and know when to shift or if I’m about to stall, I haven’t driven stick in awhile so I’m still getting used to it. I love the sound of my tundra, I was surprised how throaty the wrx sounded when I turned them both on in the morning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Without any doubt, the stock exhaust is pretty good. However, I upgraded mine because I want something louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts