Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what the stock boost curve (boost vs rpm) should be. i was driving yesterday and noticed that in third the boost starts to fall from 0.095 MPa ~5500 rpm and by redline has fallen to ~0.05. i have never really noticed before, dont look at the gauges much when driving fast. is that the best the stock turbo can do or is something else wrong? if normal is there a way to get better boost at redline with the stock turbo. i can only imagine how quick the car would be if it could maintain boost until redline.

peace -- dale

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I use the Prodrive ECU which utilizes the stock boost solenoid. A while ago I posted boost numbers up close to 20 psi and received some skeptical responses. Those boost numbers (between 18 and 20 PSI) were acheived after I did the 3/16 th connector mod. I think I'm going to undo it. Prior to the mod, I was seeing about 15 psi - 16 psi.

It was fun while it lasted, though.

Russ

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Try totalsubaruperformance.com. It's $995.00 with exchange. It reacts exceptionally well to mods and is a far more sophisticated ECU than the original performing far more monitoring which protects the engine.

I believe dealers in the UK offer this ECU (with some other prodrive mods thrown in) and warrant them as per the original warranty.

The unichip mod and other add ons require adding knock sensors, A/F monitors, EGT monitors. Prodrive takes all the worry about mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boost on stock WRX?

I'm reviving this thread because I just installed a boost gauge on my car, and I'm seeing 13.5 psi on 3rd and around 14 on 4th and 5th. Is this the normal boost for an stock WRX? I'm just wondering if my boost gauge is working fine.

Thanks in advance.
Dennis

·
Registered
20 Posts
After installing my greddy boost gauge (tapped at wastegate) I found that I would peak with 1bar (~14.5psi) of boost at 4k rpm and bleed down to .5bar by 7k rpm in 2nd and 3rd gears, with evidence of the same in 4th.
After installing an SBC-id with pressure reading tapped in on the manifold (located on intake manifold at front-right cylinder, possibly #2?) I bleed only 1psi rather than 7, as expected, and the peak boost is where I set it at 1bar. Greddy gauge reading from wastegate agrees with reading from intake manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.