ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went the all-season route and took off the stock summers about 2,000 miles into owning my WRX (didn't have the space to store two sets of wheels and tires). I'm now looking to sell them- I know a set of 4 new ones goes for over $900 on tirerack, but I was hoping to get about $400....let me know if you are interested, I would prefer a local pickup (Stamford, CT) but would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet someone halfway, or investigate shipping costs.

Dunlop SP Sport 01
size: 235/45/R17
miles: 2000

·
Registered
23 Posts
my current tires are 225/45R17 91w. These tires seem wider. I am interesting on them but i need to find out if they fit my stock rims. Question: Do you think they will fit my stock rims?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my current tires are 225/45R17 91w. These tires seem wider. I am interesting on them but i need to find out if they fit my stock rims. Question: Do you think they will fit my stock rims?
What year is your WRX? I'm not 100% sure if they will fit or not, sounds like they are just the next size wider than what you have now. The 2011 stock wheels are 17x8, if yours are 17x7 you might have to ask someone to be sure if they will fit.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
2010. I will ask to make sure they fit but so far it seems it wont
Your 2010 has the same width rims as his car. I don't know why you think these are wider than your stock tires. These should be the same exact size...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will check out what shipping would cost me- pics should be on this thread down below, let me know if you can't see them for some reason...I'm not sure if I have anything to measure tread depth in 32nd's unfortunately...I got the car in mid-september and the tires came off right after our Halloween snowstorm up here. They were basically only on in cool temperatures through the break in period while I was driving it like an old lady anyway, right around 2,000 miles.
yes i would pay 400 but need to see what shipping would cost to texas and would need to see pics

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please verify that the tires have no damage to the sidewalls, no punctures patches or plugs.
The cost of shipping to zip 78028 and how can I pay you for the tires and shipping.
Kevin Smith (Smitty)

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Your 2010 has the same width rims as his car. I don't know why you think these are wider than your stock tires. These should be the same exact size...
Negative.. they are not the same. Would be nice if they were actually.

The 08-10 wheels are 17x7 with a 225 width tire, the 11+ are 17x8 and 235 width tire.

Thus why a lot of us 8-10 owners are out looking for 11+ takeoff wheels.

getting a 235 onto a 7" wide wheel is possible but may have negative impacts on handling.
Need at least a 7.5" to 8.5" wheel for 235mm width tires to fit properly. You can squeeze the tire on a narrower wheel but it may not have the result you're after.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts