ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says every little bit of it. Has 5500 miles on it. Well first off will it fit? second is it worth $250? Kid has way way way to much money, an EVO 9, and an aditude. The funniest part, he has dyno sheets proving his wonderful 423 awhp, but only has an 1/8 time slip of 8.6! LOL! My X-Runner was only .2 seconds behind it with a 1.8 60ft time. Gotta love 5k and side stepping it!

Anyway is it worth it?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
What mods did he put on his EvoIX to get it to 420whp?

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
no. You'll spend more than a thousand trying to get it to work on the WRX. And the hotside is huge for a Subaru motor.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What mods did he put on his EvoIX to get it to 420whp?
Honestly, I couldn't tell you what it has, he has a different story everyday. The only thing I know for sure is it has an aftermarket turbo setup, cams, and tuned by AMS. Anyway it doesn't matter kid can't drive it to save his life, off the line with a VERY conservative launch I can pull a car length on him until 3rd... In my stock 02 wrx. If he could drive the car he would be 1/4 mile ahead of me before the end of first, he just literally cannot drive the car!

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
JSarv said:
Honestly, I couldn't tell you what it has, he has a different story everyday. The only thing I know for sure is it has an aftermarket turbo setup, cams, and tuned by AMS. Anyway it doesn't matter kid can't drive it to save his life, off the line with a VERY conservative launch I can pull a car length on him until 3rd... In my stock 02 wrx. If he could drive the car he would be 1/4 mile ahead of me before the end of first, he just literally cannot drive the car!
If he can't get his story straight, you don't want to buy anything from him (there needs to be at least some trust to buy anything used from someone). If he's truly a crappy driver, you wouldn't want to buy anything either (he's probably put unnecessary wear/tear on the parts). General rule: when you buy used, you can easily inherit someone else's problem ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If he can't get his story straight, you don't want to buy anything from him (there needs to be at least some trust to buy anything used from someone). If he's truly a crappy driver, you wouldn't want to buy anything either (he's probably put unnecessary wear/tear on the parts). General rule: when you buy used, you can easily inherit someone else's problem ;)
There is 5500 miles on a stock turbo with no shaft play.... I wouldn't buy anything else off of the car, but if it was similar to the FP 16g $250 would be a good price for a lightly used turbo.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There is 5500 miles on a stock turbo with no shaft play.... I wouldn't buy anything else off of the car, but if it was similar to the FP 16g $250 would be a good price for a lightly used turbo.
as stated above you will need to spend atleast $1000 just to get your setup to work and even then a 16G still isnt very big. if i was going to do all those upgrades to my car i would atleast put in a ported 18G if not a 20G just my .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts