ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i got a 5 speed 04 wrx .. i just have exhaust. an AUTOMATIC 350z wants to race , im just curious as to how fast the automatic ones are. who you think would win all in all?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you really not know the answer to this? :eek:

IMO, I would have to say that the 350z would take you without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
905 Posts
only one way to find out: go race. in a sanctioned environment, of course.:p:rolleyes:

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
RatedReX said:
IMO, I would have to say that the 350z would take you without breaking a sweat.
300+hp vs 227hp?

I'd say that's a safe bet ;)

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I have 06 350Z and had an 05 WRX. The Z will win most likely. The Auto isn't that much slower than the manual and it will reduce the chance of driver error.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I have 06 350Z and had an 05 WRX. The Z will win most likely.
+1

I have a 05 350Z and a 2002 WRX.

stock wrx - lose
stage 1 wrx - lose
stage 2 wrx - drivers race (WRX from a dig, 350Z from a roll)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright cool thanks . he may beat me but atleast i can say that my mommy didnt buy my car!

·
Registered
905 Posts
just out-mod him and win. but bringing his mom into the mix could work, too.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Well you could also create a snowy drag strip somewhere, or have some sort of cargo/passenger capacity contest. :tongue:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
alright cool thanks . he may beat me but atleast i can say that my mommy didnt buy my car!
to which he could counter:

mine love me
mine aren't poor
Uck-Fay, Ou-Yay

Avoid that - save some dough, and pick up an uppipe, downpipe, and Engine Management - at Stage 2, you'll have a solid chance.

If you simply can't wait - WEIGHT REDUCTION. No people in the car with you, get all the crap out of it. Empty Trunk and Glovebox, 100 pounds is equal to 10 horsepower or a tenth of a second in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
0 Posts
my stage 2 rex beat an 03 6sd 350Z.. they arent that fast.. also raced a G35.. also not that fast.. from a roll, they both beat me, but from a dig they had almost no chance

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
my stage 2 rex beat an 03 6sd 350Z.. they arent that fast.. also raced a G35.. also not that fast.. from a roll, they both beat me, but from a dig they had almost no chance
Well you are at stage 2. The OP was asking stock for stock.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i know.. i was backing up the statements on a stage 2 vs a 350Z

but stock for stock... damn.. u better hope he breaks somethin..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
i know.. i was backing up the statements on a stage 2 vs a 350Z

but stock for stock... damn.. u better hope he breaks somethin..:rolleyes:
They're built tough as hell. Very solid cars. Drivetrain can take quite a bit from the stock power output. They don't last under much boost for long, and as a result, most kits run low boost. I just don't think they are worth modding because it requires a built block to do it right. My WRX has roughly $27k invested in mods at this point, but a large chunk of that is labor and shipping. Also, I've never had to build the engine. The biggest expense so far has been the transmission. If I could start over, I might have just put the money into the 350Z. The APS Extreme Kit would be mine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
They're built tough as hell. Very solid cars. Drivetrain can take quite a bit from the stock power output. They don't last under much boost for long, and as a result, most kits run low boost. I just don't think they are worth modding because it requires a built block to do it right. My WRX has roughly $27k invested in mods at this point, but a large chunk of that is labor and shipping. Also, I've never had to build the engine. The biggest expense so far has been the transmission. If I could start over, I might have just put the money into the 350Z. The APS Extreme Kit would be mine.
aps tt = pure sex

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
and I would have TEH BOVS!!!11!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
and I would have TEH BOVS!!!11!!
yeah... im using the aps fmic bov is a great upgrade for a highly modded subie

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
The 07' Z's are using the new HR motor which is considerably more stout. They are producing mid 13's and 105mph traps on a rather consistant basis. The 07' Z is more a match for a stock STI and I can't see an OTS stage2 beating one unless it was a short sprint form a dig.

So watch out for those newer ones ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 07' Z's are using the new HR motor which is considerably more stout. They are producing mid 13's and 105mph traps on a rather consistant basis. The 07' Z is more a match for a stock STI and I can't see an OTS stage2 beating one unless it was a short sprint form a dig.

So watch out for those newer ones ;)
i agreeeeeeeeee. I ve got the HR '07, and i have run it couple of times with sti's, from a dig the Z will fall behind probably a 1/2 to 1 CL(and if the Z driver is good by 3rd gear dhould be reaching up the STi), but from a roll, the STI losses. and the top end of the Z is great, i love it. WRX will lose

1 - 19 of 19 Posts