ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wrb rex and I've been using Zaino and Scratch-X for the past couple months. The results are awesome in indirect lighting. However, when there is direct light (sun light and artificial) I still can easily see swirls.

I love how it is glass smooth when I take the time to clay bar it, Scratch-X it, and Zaino it, but those still don't seem to hide the swirls enough!

Is it possible to rid my car of swirls in any lighting without extreme measures or are paint swirls inevitable and something we just have to live with on our cars due to the thin paint?

Dan

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll only get it if I can get some more testimonials that say it will make my swirls almost non-existant.

Dan

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Just a suggestion. When you wax or polish, remember to change rags/cloth often. I use about 3-4 rags. I keep changing sides and when they feel like they have too much, change them, both the one you use for application, and the one you use for removing it. Remember the wax dries up quick, so the dry stuff on the rag can cause swirls.
The rag you use for application, make sure is a lil damp (not wet, or dripping wet, just damp to the touch).
Also, for me, it works better to apply the wax in one direction (usually follow the contour of the car), instead of making circles when applying it. usually is less noticiable than the swirls.
Get a good wax (don't buy cheap K-mart/ Pepboys brand name stuff) ...
I've use Mother's for a while and seems to do the trick. They have a 3 step system. 1-Prewax 2-cleaner and sealer 3-Caranuba stuff.

·
Registered
677 Posts
well you're using Zaino, so just stick with it. You may have older swirls buried beneath the layers of polish and wax. Go to http://www.autopia-carcare.com/index.html and look up their How-Tos. They are very helpful on all types of car detailing.
Apply the wax in straight lines and buff it off in straight lines.
Zaino > NXT > all other cheap junk

EDIT:
You didnt exactly say what kind of Zaino you were using. The Zaino products are designed as a kit and work best when you use all Zaino stuff.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Im going to guess your car is fairly new so the swirls arent to bad. If you truely want to get rid of them of Meguiars makes a product called the 'Dual Action Polisher.' Its one of those Porter cable buffer machines. You can use that along with I think thier #83 Swirl Removal and it will get rid of most of your problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts