ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a month of waiting for my car to be done in the shop after my neighbor plowed it with his truck, I finally got it back yesterday! Good news right? Not exactly... the people who worked on it scratched the heck out of it, scratches down the side of the car that just got repainted and all over the trunk, the side of the car that had no damage has big scratches down it and the trunk arms have chunks missing. And I think my most favorite part of it all is that on the side that had to damage to it, when you open the door, the part of the quarter panel that rolls into the car has 3 big gouges in it and white paint where someone tried to cover it up (my car is silver!), then the interior trim piece is all sliced up and the seat belt is cut and frayed. GRR! :unhappy: Why do people have to be so careless and man-handle the car?! Ok thank you for letting me vent, I really needed to get that out today! :)

·
Banned
534 Posts
wtf ? that *** is unnacceptable , if its really that bad like you are saying [ i know girls over exaggerate LOL ] then id immediltely hit up insurance and complain and ask for where the car was worked at .. ssorry for my typing im on a bus and its like BOOM BOOM hahaa

edited:stop trying to get around the swear filter...

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
wtf ? that *** is unnacceptable , if its really that bad like you are saying [ i know girls over exaggerate LOL ]
Yeah, it's a good thing none of the guys around here exaggerate.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to find a good body shop. I ran into a similar situation on Wed. of this week. I looked at the car before paying the deductable, and pointed out the flaws I found to the shop manager. He agreed with my complaints, and said he would get it fixed up as soon as they received the B/O parts they are waiting for. (interior trim pieces)

If I were you, I would take the car right back and raise hell until they agree to redo the work at their cost. They CAN do it right, they just don't care about their work because most people won't complain.

·
Peachypumpkincheeks
8,621 Posts
Yeah, it's a good thing none of the guys around here exaggerate.
Roffles.

Sorry to hear that your subie hasn't been returned to pristine condition! I would be pissed too. :sadwave: Definitely take it back and make sure they correct their shoddy worksmanship. Even take it to another shop to spot check all the damages in writing before taking it back to the auto shop. Shops love calling out eachother's mistakes.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have had my last 3 cars backed into, and only once did they fix it right. dont people take pride in thier work anymore?

·
Registered
270 Posts
hey i can relate

hey turbo girl, i know exactly how you feel. when i got my car back a week ago from the body shop there were scratches on my car not even from the accident. And what is really gay is the bumper which they repaired doesnt look quite right. its like they super glued it on. and when i told my insurance company, they said that i must have gotten in another accident, and are trying to pull a fast one on them. when i heard this i let them have it. i cussed out my claims adjuster and threatened to call the police on them. That is when they finally decided to just replace the whole bumper. But yea stupid body shops, they dont know how to do ****, but make money. and i hate stupid people that run into our cars. im gunna get in my old junker and slam into somebodys new bimmer to see how they like it!! jk haha

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
edited:stop trying to get around the swear filter...

lmao :rotfl:
I was trying to be nice and cut you a break, even though I have to continuously edit your posts. Fine. Have some Timeout. I'm about at my wits end with your asinine posts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha ha so funny...I'm not exaggerating, it really does look that bad. I just noticed today that the tail light they were supposed to fix isn't lined up flush with the rest of my car, I can literally stick my fingers behind it and pull.
I thought I was taking it to a good body shop, I took it back to the place I bought it b/c I figured they were subie people and they would take good care of it. I'm taking it back today and raising cane. I called the guy and told him I wasn't happy after really looking at it and said to bring it back in and that they have the ticket of all the damage that was there when it came in. I kinda took that as a threat! Why would I lie about things like this? I know what was and wasn't on my car ya know? Hopefully they don't try to give me too much crap cuz I'm not going to take it. Plus I have my boyfriend going as back up cuz I know how people like to take advantage of girls... :tongue:
I'll let ya'll know how it goes....

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
I'd talk to the owner/manager or the insurance company if they paid to have it fixed. I'd take it somewhere else and have it fixed correctly this time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
yeah the only way really, to not get screwd at a body shop is too personally know one of the workers. ive been very fortunate to have a bro-in-law that is a car car painter so my family and i always receive top notch service. but definitly take it back and if your not good at being a jerk get someone that is to come with you. i usually bring my mom and ill end up somehow getting money back. lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to find a good body shop. I ran into a similar situation on Wed. of this week. I looked at the car before paying the deductable, and pointed out the flaws I found to the shop manager. He agreed with my complaints, and said he would get it fixed up as soon as they received the B/O parts they are waiting for. (interior trim pieces)

If I were you, I would take the car right back and raise hell until they agree to redo the work at their cost. They CAN do it right, they just don't care about their work because most people won't complain.
honestly, if they were that lazy to begin with I wouldn't even bother wasting my time with them. Call your insurance tell them whats up and you want them to pay for it to be re-fixed by another body shop

1 - 17 of 17 Posts