ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 sti and a downpipe with a ported wastegate today it was 41F in houston texas zero elevation, and i was in third gear bam floored it and then my car peaked 1.17 bar ahhhh is that bad?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
WRXout said:
i have a 05 sti and a downpipe with a ported wastegate today it was 41F in houston texas zero elevation, and i was in third gear bam floored it and then my car peaked 1.17 bar ahhhh is that bad?
Who did the porting? Did they remove enough material? Did they shape it correctly?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trainrex said:
Who did the porting? Did they remove enough material? Did they shape it correctly?
SGP RACING, i dunno what they did but it works fine just today is the first time

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
After my porting the highest I ever hit was 1.13 after a very hard run. The other day though it was 17 degrees outside and it hit 1.23 bar. I wouldn't be too worried about it. It's running a little lean but so long as you aren't so lean you're knocking then you should be fine.

PS: Get a Utec. You're gonna love it! Just got mine tuned for crappy 91 but even still its a noticeable power increase. much more fun. Now I just need to find some 93 so I can run the TXS Stage 2 map without having to pull out 3.5 degrees of timing....adding .1 fuel...and lowering boost to 335 instead of 375.

Not sure how much power I'm losing with that map but I would guess 15 to 20 hp. :thumbdown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts