Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a few new cd's and just spent the last 20 minutes getting the sticky strip off the tops. then did the fingertip to fingertip transfer of the tiny little pieces they fall apart into.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

are there any easier ways to get those fool things off short of sledgehammers and/or chainsaws??

·
Registered
416 Posts
I normally proceed to dip the top eigth inch of the cd case into my tree chipper! That usually gets most of the sticky crap off, the remainder I remove under a microscope with surgical tweezers so as not to get the toxic stickum on my hands at any point. Burn the cd and throw away the original cause it has some of that residual stickum on the cd itself. Finally you are ready to listen to the "new" cd!

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
They havea neato thing I saw for 5 bucks, it takes 3 seconds to remove it. You mount it onto the side, and slide it down the edge and it cuts it off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WRX>MUSTANG said:
They havea neato thing I saw for 5 bucks, it takes 3 seconds to remove it. You mount it onto the side, and slide it down the edge and it cuts it off.
really? where did you see it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just got back from there too...

thanks. now i have an excuse to go kill a large chunk of time in a bookstore tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Spot said:
i just got back from there too...

thanks. now i have an excuse to go kill a large chunk of time in a bookstore tomorrow.
Why do you need an excuse to spend time at a bookstore!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WRX>MUSTANG said:

Why do you need an excuse to spend time at a bookstore!
long list of things to do "around the house".
average time in a barnes & nobles - 2 to 3 hours.

·
Registered
298 Posts
slip your finger nail in the case and slide down through the plastic then just peel it off, easy as 1-2-3 and you can really impress your friends with your skills

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can't believe I am actually responding to this. I, too, have been annoyed in the past by the safety stickers at the top of cd case, but there is a solution.

The easiest thing to do after removing the shrink wrap is to undo the bottom hinge of the cd, then the top hinge. Fold the bottom/front of the cd upwards and over. After that, it's hard to describe what to do, but it should be obvious. You can easily get the whole sticker thing off in one piece in a matter of maybe 5 seconds. I actually saw a link on this somewhere, but I find this thread to be too stupid.:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cnoff said:
I can't believe I am actually responding to this. I, too, have been annoyed in the past by the safety stickers at the top of cd case, but there is a solution.

The easiest thing to do after removing the shrink wrap is to undo the bottom hinge of the cd, then the top hinge. Fold the bottom/front of the cd upwards and over. After that, it's hard to describe what to do, but it should be obvious. You can easily get the whole sticker thing off in one piece in a matter of maybe 5 seconds. I actually saw a link on this somewhere, but I find this thread to be too stupid.:D
thank you for stooping to our level of stupidity...:D
tried that before, but the plastic hinges are thin and i've busted a few that way. not that jewel cases are expensive, but a busted case is as annoying as the damn sticky thing.

(seems like i'm determined to beat this thread to death... :D :D :D )

·
Registered
170 Posts
thank you for stooping to our level of stupidity...
tried that before, but the plastic hinges are thin and i've busted a few that way. not that jewel cases are expensive, but a busted case is as annoying as the damn sticky thing.
Dremel the hell out of it then.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
You guys buy CD's. That's what mp3 sites are for. I don't think I have bought a new CD in 3-4 years. Seriously. I don't believe in it. Why buy it when you can get it for free?
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
enlighten us to the websites you use.

BTW you are killing the tech industry!

all pirates = no profits = no more new games.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've bought several CD's based on free DL's. there is so much crap out there now, music wise, that i dont like buying CD"s from new groups unless i hear a few tracks from them. been burned too many times buying a CD or album based on 1 song.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Spot said:
i've bought several CD's based on free DL's. there is so much crap out there now, music wise, that i dont like buying CD"s from new groups unless i hear a few tracks from them. been burned too many times buying a CD or album based on 1 song.
Sometimes it turns out good

I bought chris rock's cd bigger and blacker based on one song "no sex in the shampain room" Anyways I HATE HATE HATE The song now and I love every song on the album.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I didn't know what the hell everyone was talking about at first because I havn't bought a CD in YEARS! That's what the internet is for.

BTW, try "Morpheous" if you want songs or programs. There's a ton of em to use, but that'll get you started.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts