ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here comes the topic of stickers! How many of you guys put stickers on your car like company stickers of mods etc. I guess I'm just trying to get the overall feel for this. I like them but that's just me. What's the style I guess iOS what I'm trying to say. please drop a opinion it it would mean a lot to me.:wave::wave::thumbup:

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
You are defacing a new car. To do so without being compensated really doesn't make sense. Even if you are paid, it'd still be quite embarrassing to drive around in a car with stickers under some circumstances (I'm being lenient; my first choice was to say "most circumstances").

Do the math.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Agree with KHP, why advertise for them without the helping you out in some way. Also I have never liked the idea of advertising to thieves what I have in or on the car. Only sticker i have is a fire dept. sticker on it

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
No to decals / stickers. Except maybe this one:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Even if you are paid, it'd still be quite embarrassing to drive around in a car with stickers under some circumstances (I'm being lenient; my first choice was to say "most circumstances").
+1

Actually I can't think doing business (ex. Taking my boss, coworkers and our VP out to lunch.) with my car was plastered with stickers.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
+1

Actually I can't think doing business (ex. Taking my boss, coworkers and our VP out to lunch.) with my car was plastered with stickers.
Exactly. A business lunch, a conference, a dinner, a wedding, or knock on wood a funeral, and I'm in no way showing up looking like a billboard. It's just not done.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I used a whiteline sticker to temporarily cover a hole in my garage window. That is the only use I have found for stickers.

Bill's is nice though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But see what if I wanna do rallys etc what's difference I'm not saying plastered just maybe a few.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
I get that some drivers (generally younger ones) like the look, and if that's what you're going for then fine. IMO, stickers have two negative effects: #1. Lots of drivers view a stickered car as one who wants to race, so you may find yourself getting unwanted attention from every Civic / old Stang / etc. looking to race. #2. They are like a magnet to police. It's like having a banner flying that says I'm young, inexperienced with a car this powerful, and looking for some action.

Or maybe I'm just getting old. :drive2:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Can you say rice?

I have a couple of stickers on my truck related to fishing (well, I have the stickers and keep meaning to put them on). That's it though. Stickers are meant for race cars and ricers.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I stick the stickers on my laptop. On the car? No, it looks tacky. Like some people say it's usually the younger guys that seem to like it.

I like the sleeper look, thats why im going with a FMIC and putting a non turbo hood on my car. I do like putting 1 or 2 small stickers for whatever organization i support. The rear windshield on my car has one on the lower left that says Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club :: Home. You can see it unless you look for it.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
I found this very informative, and may give some guidance for festooning your vehicle. :thumbup:

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Stickers are dumb

/thread

1 - 20 of 56 Posts