ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's finally in!!!

With the help of my friends from Team Shift Point, I finally have my Godspeed uppipe instaslled. It took us a total of 6 hours, and we didn't have to take off the turbo or raise the engine:D! Did anyone else do the same? We used Fireseal 2000, ATR carbon fiber gaskets, and Took off both turbo brackets. Amidst all this craziness, William (Team Shift Point) took off the silencer from the intake. So far, all is good.

The only thing that's bothering me is that I don't know what a leak sounds like:confused:...is it a constant sound, or does it only come on when the turbo is spooling? I know that the uppipe will allow you to hear the turbo spool louder, and that's what I'm hearing...I think. I just hope that's not the leak:(. I also hear the stock BOV as well. It sounds really cool, which is why I'm leaning towards it not being a leak. Any input from all of you "leak-experienced" folks would be great. Thanks:)

Fahd

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah, finished it in 6 hours.

didnt have to unbolt the engine mount and lift the engine.
the install should be alittle quicker next time, if we ever install one on another wrx.

picture of the stock and goodspeed uppipes.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I had two different soudning leaks, the first only happened when the car was cold and it would go away after a couple min. The leak sounded like a huge air rushing noise, not high pitched. It would also only happen once you start building boost.

The second leak was the high pitched noise, caused by a smaller leak. Most likely it was a crack in the fireseal because I didn't let it sit long enough before taking it on a 3 hour trip. That one stayed even once the car warmed up. The funny thing was I did not have the leak until the day after I installed it, so just listen for a couple days.

Its been a week now since I had my uppipe fixed for the third time and everything seems to be working great now, no leaks that I can tell.

Hope everything works out for ya.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No brackets in place, right KanosWRX?

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback you guys:). I love my new mod:D. I haven't turned on any music since I got it. I'm listening for both a leak, and the cool sound of the turbo spooling followed by the BOV:D. It's so great. All of you out there that don't have an uppipe yet...GET ONE ASAP! Don't let the fear of a leak hold you back. Later.

Fahd

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
WRXin' said:
Thanks for all the feedback you guys:). I love my new mod:D. I haven't turned on any music since I got it. I'm listening for both a leak, and the cool sound of the turbo spooling followed by the BOV:D. It's so great. All of you out there that don't have an uppipe yet...GET ONE ASAP! Don't let the fear of a leak hold you back. Later.

Fahd
Ditto!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts