Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rice or looking good?

I'm thinking of getting a wing and I dont' want something that needs to be painted so Sti wing is the only one I know of to get.

thanks!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Can factory parts be "rice"?
Nevermind, I just remembered the Corolla"S".:D

I say go for it. It won't look out of place unless you are running the factory WRX wheels. But you can change that.
I have the STi skirts and fog light covers on my '04 and they really helped the way the car looks.
happy hunting
mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah I think the skirts would be a great buy for it, the wing Id say no unless u swap the wheels

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I meant Rice as in a fake Sti. Are there any other wings that are similiar (squareish) like the Sti wing?

How about a Ver 6 or 5 Sti wing? Anyone have those? The problem with replica wings is that they come unpainted and you have to go through all that trouble to get it painted. The 04 Sti wing comes painted so you know it's all perfect.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Uhm.. this is just imo, but thats like adding a Vtec sticker to a car that doesnt have the engine. Its pretty much rice by definition.

·
Registered
431 Posts
dosage0 said:
Uhm.. this is just imo, but thats like adding a Vtec sticker to a car that doesnt have the engine. Its pretty much rice by definition.
Uhm.. actually putting an i badge on the front and the STI badge on the trunk would be like putting a Vtech sticker on a car without Vtech. Some people like the look of the rally-spec wing. And the WRX is definitely not a ricer without serious work/damage (all the same thing when you do too much to it), it has too much potential for serious speed. I personally think the wing is too big, but that is my opinion. Putting an STI wing on a stock engine 2.5 RS is a different story, though. As long as your car can back up it's appearance, you have nothing to worry about. Just my $0.02

I personally like the STI body accents, I have already installed the STI front bumper splitter. I wanna get the STI hood scoop and some factory painted side skirts as well.

--Jay--

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
the mike said:
Can factory parts be "rice"?
Nevermind, I just remembered the Corolla"S".:D

mike
LMAO!!! Worst factory rice evAr!!!!!!!

-joe

·
Registered
248 Posts
Actually, the blue i badge was meant for the base model WRX, while the pink i was meant for the Sti. So a blue i wouldn't be considered ricey.

04silver bullet said:
Uhm.. actually putting an i badge on the front and the STI badge on the trunk would be like putting a Vtech sticker on a car without Vtech.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey Bullet, let me know if you find a place that sells painted '04 scoops. thats next on my exterior list, or splitters, but I know where to get them.

I was also thinking about factory rice. My Lancer OZ "rally" was pretty rice. Base model with wheels and a bodykit. And some interior touches(red gauges, trim, etc...), but no extra performance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohh I've decided on the perfect wing

22b :D :D :D

it's like the current sti wing
except it's trianglar shaped and not as tall.

woot!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey man. I have an 04 wrx with the Sti wing on the back. I picked it up off a guy :D I think it looks good except i need rims badly!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
NJwrbT-WRX said:
LMAO!!! Worst factory rice evAr!!!!!!!

-joe
Have you ever seen the factory fender flair things that the put on toyota echos? OMG.

It looks thrice as hideous in person.

·
Registered
691 Posts
CKxx said:
Have you ever seen the factory fender flair things that the put on toyota echos? OMG.

It looks thrice as hideous in person.
bwahahah

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey kit99bar, that doesnt look too bad.. I already ordered the wing from the dealer ship but i canceled it because it wouldnt look right at the time.. So right now im going to go with oem hids.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I got actual front bumper splitters off of an STI, not those other ones you can get that tape on. They weren't really hard to put on, just involved a lot of hole cutting in the front bumper to make way for the brackets. It was kind of scary to do but they awesome. I'm getting ready to clear out the headlights now (remove those stupid, hideous orange reflectors), another project that is making me a little nervous. I just don't like the idea of putting a $400+ headlight housing in the oven:eek: . I'll post pics of the splitters (and headlights when they are finished) when I can figure out the how to post pics from my new Dig camera. Everytime I try to post, it says they are too big:confused:

--Jay--

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys how about the Carbon Fiber Sti wing?!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bump

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
God damn that muffler is HUGE

1 - 20 of 21 Posts