Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got my 2007 wrx took the stock wrx spoiler off Just to find non of the holes lined up I've read numerous places that you can get an sti trunk swap and it will be easier to put on... I don't know if I will be able to find someone willing to trade so my question is did I buy the wrong sti wing or is it the trunk issue... I got the wing off of ebay 02-07 Sti oe style wing but it does not line up with the holes under the trunk anyone have any tips or idea on the Sti, wing install on a 2007 wrx? Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So if I'm reading this correctly you removed your OEM WRX spoiler, purchased an Ebay STI spoiler, and the holes don't like up with the Ebay spoiler? My guess is that the STI spoiler has different mounting points than a WRX spoiler, meaning it will never line up. I would imagine this is why trunk swaps are generally preferred and that I never read about people installing spoilers or swapping them.

Also, just some words of wisdom... Don't buy knock off car sh*t on ebay. Return it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ebay parts aren't the issue I've had quite some success with ebay lip, mudflaps ect... I've removed the oem, w rx spoiler made my template but the original holes for drilling isn't lining up I might have been sent the wrong spoiler I am thinking not sure if I'll be able to find any one to swap with me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah ebay parts aren't the issue I've had quite some success with ebay lip, mudflaps ect... I've removed the oem, w rx spoiler made my template but the original holes for drilling isn't lining up I might have been sent the wrong spoiler I am thinking not sure if I'll be able to find any one to swap with me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sti,, wing on the wrx trunk should fit it's the origional holes in the middle as I've watched utube.. videos with people drilling about 6 holes to make the sti,, spoiler fit on a wrx lid. But the four origional holes in my wrx,, trunk do not line up with the sti,, spoiler and it should. Which is why I'm thinking that was the wrong spoiler or something. It didn't say sti spoiler it said "oe sti style wing" there's 70 day returns so I'm not sweating this much but very disappointed doing all that prep to the new wing not lining up right.. ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts