ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting some used stock BBS STi 17inch wheels for my 04 wagon. What do you guys think? Will they fit my stock 04? Should I just fork over the $$ for some new wheels? I've never changed the wheels/tires on a car before and don't want to mess things up nor do I want to pay extra $$$ for something I don't need.
What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
There's a thread somewhere floating around on NASIOC of a guy with STi rims, USDM STi shocks and STi pink springs on his '04 wagon. Looks pretty cool. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good

The STi wheels look very good on the wagon. I'm thinking Silver BBS STi wheels would look killer on my 04 Red after a slight drop from springs.
If I didn't go with STi wheels, how does wheel width change performance? The Tire Rack had a sale on some BBS and O.Z. wheels that were 17x7, and I noticed most 17inch wheels were 17x7.5 or 17x8 - would a 17x7 not work as well or would it be better for the wagon's limited fender space?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
They will also change the handling of your wagon *dramatically*.

-tp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Quack said:
here's my '04 with TEIN H-techs ( on stock struts) with 17" Rota SubZero's in Bronze Royal (48 offset) 215/45-17 Khumo 712's
no rubbing, and it handles great (along w/ 20mm sedan rsb)
Your wagon looks awesome! Thanks for posting your setup pics & specs. I wanted to do the same mods to my 04 wagon and was worried about rubbing & how it would change the handling. I'm leaning towards changing the springs (thinking Eibach/Subaru), adding a sedan RSB, and 17" wheels.
How does wheel width (not just tire width) change how the car handles? I've seen 17s in 17x7, 17x7.5, 17x8 wide. If I were getting aftermarket (or STi) wheels, would it matter if I got 17x7s vs 17x7.5s? The TireRack has some O.Z. 17x7 AND BBS 17x7 wheels on sale for $220... this was about 1/2 the price of the OZ and BBS wheels not on sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there any difference between getting an 17 and 18 inch wheels say from rota. If both are 7.5 wide and both have the 48+ offset is there any difference besides looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts