ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought here we can collect information on all the year/make/model of cars that a Stock 2004-08 STI can beat, or get defeated by in a 1/4 mi. race.

Rules are:

-You should post times for both cars.

-You can post results from a race you did, but the main point is to post factual information.

-You may post cars that can defeat the STI, but if the car is modded, you must list the mods to the best of your knowledge.

I am curious to see what cars put up a good fight against an STI on the 1/4 mi track. Thanks and have fun.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is going to consist of a list of cars + times :)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
but the main point is to post factual information.
Good luck.
Why is this important? Are we attempting to create a Bragging Rights Database? :)

I dunno; it smacks of something that you can point owners of other cars to so you can "prove" to them that the STI is teh fastarrr.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck.
Why is this important? Are we attempting to create a Bragging Rights Database? :)

I dunno; it smacks of something that you can point owners of other cars to so you can "prove" to them that the STI is teh fastarrr.

Im trying to get an idea of what cars I can compete with when I get my STI. Im not trying to brag about it.

Worst idea EVER!
Dont spam my thread please.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Im trying to get an idea of what cars I can compete with when I get my STI. Im not trying to brag about it.

Now the easiest way to look at it is stock for stock 0 mods what cars came with, or published times/ values. These are available at the mfg's website or road and track, car and driver etc have a huge data base with all this info already in the back, including exotics you wouldn't get here. Then you'll know absolutely what you can beat stock for stock.

There are tons of drag racing databases online listed with peoples mods and times etc, but when you get away from the "stock" factor its impossible to make generalizations on what your car is faster than.

For example:

Its impossible to say my Sti will smoke every SRT4 EVAR! Will it beat a stock SRT4? Sure in a straight line from 0-110mph. Will it beat one on the freeway from 60-120mph? Maybe not. Will it beat one around Infineon Raceway? You bet. But what about a modded one?

As you can see your idea is simple in concept but no so easy to execute.

These guys do it well.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/performance_files_tested_by_c_d

http://www.dragtimes.com/

·
Registered
300 Posts

Dont spam my thread please.

This site is one of the best site for information on fast cars that I use.
It's good for what you want. Hope this helps.

http://www.qcars.cjb.net/ , click 'The Sedans' :)

·
Banned
69 Posts
i'm going to vent because im tired of some comments. it seems to me that a lot of veterans of this site have nothing better to do than put new members down. seriously do you guys work? if your so fed up with new guys posting dumb things dont comment back with dumb responses, it goes no where!!! this forum for new people is hard to navigate through. does anyone realize that?

for people telling other people keep your car strictly on the track if you drive fast. who actually follows the speed limits? no one ever pulls from 2nd to 3rd?
this website is so dumb. please ban me. im sick of it.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ahhem, Trainrex?

::subscribed::

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
i'm going to vent because im tired of some comments. it seems to me that a lot of veterans of this site have nothing better to do than put new members down. seriously do you guys work? if your so fed up with new guys posting dumb things dont comment back with dumb responses, it goes no where!!! this forum for new people is hard to navigate through. does anyone realize that?

for people telling other people keep your car strictly on the track if you drive fast. who actually follows the speed limits? no one ever pulls from 2nd to 3rd?
No one's forcing you to stay.
You're equating driving 5 over the limit with streetracing? Good call.

Sorry, if I see something goofy, I comment. That's what forums are for. Commenting. I posted up a question about his motives...he politely answered. You had a cow. Maybe we're not the problem. :tongue:

Man, a lot of these n00bs are emotional.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Why the all the drama-queen theatrics with the statements of "wah, please ban me"(which can be arranged). If you really don't want to be here anymore, just leave and don't come back.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
We already got one banning out of this one.....I'm sure no one will object to it being closed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.