ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys and gals, when i get my STI im planning on trying to make it as much of a sleeper as possible. I was wondering if there is any real big difference between the STI interior and the regular WRX interior? or is it just STI logo's?

So far ill probably sell my seats, maybe steering wheel if i decide to, wing for sure, hood for a unscooped one (once i get a FMIC) and take all the STI badges and stickers off, try to sell as much of the STI stuff as possible for WRX and regular Impreza stuff. Only thing that will say stay STI probably will be the guages.

This is all a ways down the road as i dont even have the car yet, but just planning ahead.

Eric.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It's blue, blue rugs and tons of blue accents...everywhere. Personally, I hate it. I'm looking at picking up an '06 STI and swapping out the interior with a WRX. Hopefully, I'll come across an '07 STI Limited (very nice black interior, leather trimmed seats, etc.) reasonably priced with low mileage in the meantime. Hell, I'd probably pay a good price for an STI Limited just so I don't have to do the interior swap. I am in no rush, so we'll see.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the main reason for me doing the STI interior and some exterior parts swap with a Impreza or a WRX is to make it a sleeper. Ive seen STI limiteds on KBB and AutoTrader for around 37,000 with afew miles i think.

Nice avatar by the way.

"I Am McLovin!"

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i have the TR interior... lowest of the low. haha

pics for reference:

our seats... are so awesome. let me tell ya. :tongue:

·
Registered
707 Posts
i love it!!! totally sets the car apart!!! did a Full Interior STi swap on my 05wrx!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i see alot of WRX's for sale with STI interior swaps so im guessing selling STI stuff wont be a problem at all? What im thinking is sell the front seats outright for racing seats, sell the rear seats or trade them for stock WRX ones with some cash.

The only problem is that racing seats will cost me alot more than what i get out of the STI seats so i might have to wait for awhile.

Eric.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
TR interior? could u elaborate on this im still not up to par with the subaru abbreviations lol.
haha sorry, there is the WRX TR (tuner ready) and the regular wrx. the TR is lighter, cheaper, basically doesnt come with all the bells and whistles. it's still turbo'd but doesnt have fancy stuff like the nice seats, nice head unit, climate control, painted mirrors, spoiler, foglights, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha sorry, there is the WRX TR (tuner ready) and the regular wrx. the TR is lighter, cheaper, basically doesnt come with all the bells and whistles. it's still turbo'd but doesnt have fancy stuff like the nice seats, nice head unit, climate control, painted mirrors, spoiler, foglights, etc.
ahhh yes i see, spank you very much :tongue:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm happy with my '06 WRX's interior. If I were to get an STI I would want to swap with a WRX at least or WRX Limited. The WRX has the same "racing" style seats as the STI, just different materials IIRC.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
The only difference is that the STi interior was designed by a panel of America's most prestigious pimps. If you look close, you can see the trademark cane, leopard print feather hat, and gold tooth logo hidden in the stitching.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only difference is that the STi interior was designed by a panel of America's most prestigious pimps. If you look close, you can see the trademark cane, leopard print feather hat, and gold tooth logo hidden in the stitching.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Banned
0 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts