ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the new nismo z today and I like it alot except for the rear. Just wondering if anybody in an sti has run with one of them I heard they are pretty fast.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
The nismo doesn't have any more power than the regular Z just a different suspension,wheels/tires, body kit, interior etc. So its probably not any faster than a regular 07Z in a drag race. On a road course it'd be different.

·
Registered
306 Posts
cav called it, they do come with lighter rims, but the package is basically a suspension/brake upgrade

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ya I work at a Honda/Nissan dealer and Honesty other than the suspension parts mentioned it has a body kit and I still dont think it would be a hard race for an STI. In my stock wrx i keep up with them of course partly it is driver also.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ya I work at a Honda/Nissan dealer and Honesty other than the suspension parts mentioned it has a body kit and I still dont think it would be a hard race for an STI. In my stock wrx i keep up with them of course partly it is driver also.
Good to know, i always thought the Nismo Z had engine upgrades too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
All the 350z's all have the same engine belive it or not the only difference are things like the base model has no trac. control the step up has trac. control and Brembo brakes and so on and so foruth other wise the performance, they all are the same engines.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
All the 350z's all have the same engine belive it or not the only difference are things like the base model has no trac. control the step up has trac. control and Brembo brakes and so on and so foruth other wise the performance, they all are the same engines.
The automatics had different engines until 07 and of course the 03-05/06/07 engines are all different.
Base doesn't have LSD or traction control, all the others have lsd and traction control. the touring have traction control lsd and some kind of stability management.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The automatics had different engines until 07 and of course the 03-05/06/07 engines are all different.
Base doesn't have LSD or traction control, all the others have lsd and traction control. the touring have traction control lsd and some kind of stability management.
Yes, i agree with him, and yeah there is not much difference in the performance- engine-wise. However, the suspenssion is a killer. This car can easily stay at the rear bumper of the STI on the slaloms, and road course. I personaly have 07 enthusiast, and i ve raced an STI 06, with an intake only. Mine is completely stock. The outcome was what i expected, from a dig the sti is a bulet, cant be beaten. but on the highway we were side by side. The Z can slowly inch on the STI above 120 mph. But hey even cars, pretty even. The old motor pre-07, losses bad from an STI. I havent seen the 08's STi, i wonder what they could do.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I just have one question...why are the shift boots so freakin big on 350z's and G35s??? Its such a short shifter, so why is the boot look like its way too big?:rotfl:

I just had to throw that in there since we were on the topic of the Nismo Z and I was looking at pics...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just have one question...why are the shift boots so freakin big on 350z's and G35s??? Its such a short shifter, so why is the boot look like its way too big?:rotfl:

I just had to throw that in there since we were on the topic of the Nismo Z and I was looking at pics...

yep, they are gigantic and i dont like this either, but i dont really care. However, to me it looks like a trash bag. I ordered a beautiful one, supposedly manufactured by NISMO. but why did they leave the Nismo model with stock shift knob, who knows. hey STI's knob is too long :rotfl:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
yep, they are gigantic and i dont like this either, but i dont really care. However, to me it looks like a trash bag. I ordered a beautiful one, supposedly manufactured by NISMO. but why did they leave the Nismo model with stock shift knob, who knows. hey STI's knob is too long :rotfl:

Haha...Thats what she said:rotfl: Seriously I have always thought that, but the throws are all pretty short which is cool. I might invest in the Kartboy shifter to lower the lever about an inch and a half or so...

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Well the one in the picture is sort of poofed up if you push it down its less noticeable. :rotfl:

·
Registered
0 Posts
the nismo z is around 40k and i dont think its worth it

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Supposed to be for form-fitting comfort.
I enjoyed the shifter feel and placement on the Z I drove... but the tranny is still no S2000 :)
Yeah, the shift boot on my G was similar, but didn't bother me. It was a notchy tranny, though, given that it was not made by Subaru. :wiggles:

·
Registered
438 Posts
the nismo z is around 40k and i dont think its worth it
The base model starts at like 27 or 28k plus the nismo pakage is basically a body kit so if you buy the base model and then build it up when your done it will be pretty quick and you still would have been under 40 grand

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
The base model starts at like 27 or 28k plus the nismo pakage is basically a body kit so if you buy the base model and then build it up when your done it will be pretty quick and you still would have been under 40 grand
The Nismo package is also a significant upgrade in suspension using Nismo parts...as well as Rays Engineering Rims, which aren't cheap, but are pretty light for 19s...plus they have pretty good tires as well on those rims...not to mention an "upgraded" sportier interior...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts