Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
That camaro driver sucks, an ls1 with those mods should be able to take it....jesus christ tho seriously wtf who burns out that long with awd, i can't imagine how he didn't turn his 6speed into a zero speed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Pretty quiet exhaust on the LS1, and the driver apparently was only capable of chirping his tires on one of the shifts. Also seemed to take forever for the LS1 to wind out 1st gear, which is odd considering it has 4.10's... Also, based on the time frame on the video, the STi took off at about the 2.5 second mark in the video, and the Camaro hit the brakes at 14 seconds. 14-2.5 = 11.5 seconds, or about 1-1.5 seconds earlier than what those cars would have crossed the 1/4 mile mark at (assuming 12.5-13.0 for both cars, based on their mods). It's also impossible to tell from the video if both cars left at the same time or if one got a slight jump.

Regardless, though, the STi won that particular race. It wouldn't shock me to see a closer or different result if the two cars raced a few more times. :)

And the STi tranny is considerably stronger than the WRX's. :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haven't heard of many STi tranny's breaking, so I'm guessing it can handle those kind of launches ;p

·
Banned
95 Posts
yes i agree with cameron...there is to this date not one account of an sti blowing up gears....however i go through first gears like water

·
Registered
600 Posts
Was the Sti and SS stock? That Sti was insane! I thought I heard it chirp on 2rd, or maybe it was the SS?

·
Registered
249 Posts
WiCkeDrEx said:
Was the Sti and SS stock? That Sti was insane! I thought I heard it chirp on 2rd, or maybe it was the SS?
Mods for both are listed in the 1st post... :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice

I had a pretty similar race against an LS1 Trans Am from a dead stop. I beat him so bad off the line, I was still in front of him at 120mph.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nico said:
Was that a 5500rpm clutch drop?? Hope that guy saved some money for a new tranny if he keeps that up.
WRX's and STi's are launching near redline at Pro Solos.

Sounds cooler when you're blipping it at that RPM instead of holding it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dan00Hawk said:
Pretty quiet exhaust on the LS1, and the driver apparently was only capable of chirping his tires on one of the shifts. Also seemed to take forever for the LS1 to wind out 1st gear, which is odd considering it has 4.10's... Also, based on the time frame on the video, the STi took off at about the 2.5 second mark in the video, and the Camaro hit the brakes at 14 seconds. 14-2.5 = 11.5 seconds, or about 1-1.5 seconds earlier than what those cars would have crossed the 1/4 mile mark at (assuming 12.5-13.0 for both cars, based on their mods). It's also impossible to tell from the video if both cars left at the same time or if one got a slight jump.

Regardless, though, the STi won that particular race. It wouldn't shock me to see a closer or different result if the two cars raced a few more times. :)

And the STi tranny is considerably stronger than the WRX's. :cool:
:rotfl: That is just about the dumbest post I have ever read LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts