Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to travel to jersey today from south east PA. Headed up the NJTP to the GSP north. As some of you know, the GSP is very smooth, fairly good curves, and multiple lanes. I was on it at about 11 AM so traffic was comparatively light.

After accelerating from the toll on ramp, I maneuvered over to the fast lane (4 or 5 lanes at this point) and rolled along behind a caddy for a few miles. The caddy eventually moved out of the fast lane and I assumed point. At that point I noticed a set of HIDs comin' up fast from the rear. I kept a steady pace of about 70 mph and waited to see. Low profile, fat flares...M3 (hoping). Guy pulls up alongside with a 330 CI. Nice looking dark metal gray, light tint. I give him a thumbs up and he starts to accelerate. I wasn't sure he wanted to play, so to test him, dropped into 4th and pulled up even. My right foot was perched and ready, the lanes ahead were clear to the horizon, and he hammered it. I waited...1, 2, 3, then punched it to the floor. I went by so fast it wasn't even funny. Got about 4 lenths on him, then shut it down as we were coming to a location where the man likes to sit. As he goes by, I give a thumbs up, but it appears that he is not in the mood to return the gesture. I pulled over about two more lanes as the driver was not looking pleased. Just then, came over a rise and there sits not one, but two bubble gum machines. I was doing about 65 by then, and the 330 was still in the fast lane and had nosed out ahead of me. With my heart beating and fingers crossed, I watched one of the cops launch out onto the road. All around me I see cars nose diving as they hit the brakes. Me..I'm just lifing off and down shifting to slowly reduce my speed. The cop accelerates past me and pulls up behind the 330 who has now gotten over 2 lanes. Hits his lights, and pulls him over. I felt bad for him, but then, if your gonna play, you might have to pay. Could have easily been me, 'cept I was just a little bit more cautious.

On the way home on the NJTP, nearing the toll exit before the bridge, a white GT was barreling down the road, and blew by me with my cruise set at 80. He slows down, lets me go by, then does the same thing again. Of course, you know IT'S ON at this point. Because we are approaching the end of the toll way, too much traffic prevents any opportunities. The toll booth consists of 3 EZ pass lanes and 3 pay lanes. He squirts right, and I stay in my lane for the EZ Pass. He suddenly darts across my rear, enters the far left pay lane, and just zooms through at about 30 mph. This made me nervous as I'm now thinking he might be a cop. Screw it. I hammer it coming out of the toll, while watching his exhaust ahead of me pouring out dense "pedel to the medal" combustion fumes. I immediately catch up and pull even with him, and then do a little acceleration then release just to show him that I can pass at will. Traffic is coming up so I let him go on. He is still hammering it, and I know cops hang right around the bridge entrance, so I shut it down and blend with traffic. He finally slows down too, and I slowly go by him, with a thumbs up. No acknowledgment.

The secret is still being kept, IMHO. Both times, the drivers were staring at the car, and you could just see it in their eyes..."ricer". Heh! Let the infamy spread, one whup-ass at a time!

Fun day, all in all.

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice kills, but come on my stock 04 wrx can kill a 330 ci u should be hunting M3 and amg 55. DOnt wate your gas beating up on the little guys. All the same good kills though.

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know. I was hoping it was an M3, believe me. All the same, I gave him the chance not to play. I view it kind of like commiting suicide.;)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Nico said:
Nice kills, but come on my stock 04 wrx can kill a 330 ci u should be hunting M3 and amg 55. DOnt wate your gas beating up on the little guys.
I enjoy hearing about BMW kills of any model. Many BMW drivers need a little humiliation now and then to make them realize that, though their car is an excellent vehicle, it isn't quite as AWESOME as they think it is.

My boss drives a 2001 325 convertible, and is firmly convinced that his car is quicker than mine. One of these days...;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
This reminds me of a joke. Whats the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? Answer: a porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Nico said:
Whats the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? Answer: a porcupine has the pricks on the outside.
Thank you. I am SO going to use this at an engineering meeting someday, when he's not expecting it...;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
YBNormal07 said:
Had to travel to jersey today from south east PA. Headed up the NJTP to the GSP north. As some of you know, the GSP is very smooth, fairly good curves, and multiple lanes. I was on it at about 11 AM so traffic was comparatively light.

The cop accelerates past me and pulls up behind the 330 who has now gotten over 2 lanes. Hits his lights, and pulls him over. I felt bad for him, but then, if your gonna play, you might have to pay. Could have easily been me, 'cept I was just a little bit more cautious.

Fun day, all in all.

Cheers
Damn, he must have been pissed, got his ass handed to him and then got tagged by the cops.......he was surely cursing you....lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
BE CAREFUL OF NJ COPS!!!!!!!!!! They are true pigs and love to fill their pockets with people doing even 5 MPH over, and will fill their quota and write a big ticket. NJ cops suck, I =hit 195 and 295 every day and sidestep the NJTP as the cops do MEAN 65MPH.

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cobra? Yikes!!!

mmmm....wait a minute...is that a pre 03 Cobra? Whew! Ok..lets go!
heh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts